<  DeepPulse  ~  [ T R A N S M U T E D ]

PostPosted: August 21st, 2009, 1:40 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 21st, 2009, 2:53 pm
Posts: 167Location: EnglandJoined: December 30th, 2006, 11:44 am
Is this a vinyl release? Definitely interested to hear Justin's take on your material.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: August 21st, 2009, 2:55 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
12"

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2009, 6:11 am
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
fuckin finally some lustmord vinyl!! too awesome. i would never be mad at you B if you decided to reissue your works on vinyl some day. i would be first in line as a matter of fact with my cash in hand!

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: November 1st, 2009, 9:21 am
A little behind the times. What happend with this one? Can't find it anywhere and no listings for it even on discogs.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 7:58 am
It's due at the end of this month. Prepared to be heavily ripped off with it. It's up for pre-order in the UK at £12.79 before p&p. Yes , you read that right. Almost £15 for a 2 track 12".
It's called "taking the piss".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 8:20 am
Geoff Capes wrote:
It's due at the end of this month. Prepared to be heavily ripped off with it. It's up for pre-order in the UK at £12.79 before p&p. Yes , you read that right. Almost £15 for a 2 track 12".
It's called "taking the piss".

Impressive first post.

I have no idea what Hydrahead have is priced at, it has nothing to do with me, but presumably your local prices are set by your local distributor/store and you should address your complaints there.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 8:38 am
The distro involved is usually very fair. I buy a lot from them and they're no more expensive than most.
Hydrahead 12"s tend to be a joke price wise so I should have expected it. If you don't mind me asking, are both tracks beat / bass style tracks or are we talking beatless 'scapes / drones? I don't suppose there's any chance of hearing excerpts anywhere?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2009, 10:49 pm
Posts: 2Location: TexasJoined: December 2nd, 2009, 10:20 pm
13 lucky years later Lustmord returns to vinyl.

When we discussed vinyl previously (and what i'd heard you mention to others) it seemed that you had a certain degree of disdain for the sound quality of the vinyl format. What persuaded you to forgoe those concerns?

Sort of a "what the heck, someone else wants to try it and im geting paid so why not"? kinda thing?

Whats the solielmoon catalog blurb going to read on this one? Nothing helpful on hydraheads site at this point.

Vinyl seems to be experiencing a renewed level of popularity, I myself don't get it..I think vinlyl is too bulky and cumbersome yet find myself a hipocrite because I love my stacks of cds and never seem to listen to whats on my cheap ipod knockoff. I guess everyone has thier own contrasting levels of utlity versus object fetishism. I suppose even though im not much into vinyl myself its comeback is a good thing in my opinion because I think a certain degree of object fetishism is good for society...its a bit creepy wondering someday if a persons entire existence will be reduced to a series of bits and bytes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2009, 11:19 pm
We discussed vinyl previously ?

Hydra Head wanted to do it and I thought it would be fun.

One reason vinyl is getting popular amongst labels and artists is that it's slows down the illegal downloads slightly and it's increasingly difficult to make a profit with CD's.

I don't expect to make any money on this release btw, though I wouldn't complain if I did.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2009, 12:47 am
Posts: 2Location: TexasJoined: December 2nd, 2009, 10:20 pm
"We discussed vinyl previously "

yes indeed we did. although i am not actually a cat or a ninja, i do enjoy sushi and my cats have developed ninja-esque abilitiese to steal it.

likely an inconsecquential discussion in all the discussions with all the people
you undoubtedly have.
anyway
i didnt think of the "lo tech copy protection" idea for vinyl but that does make sense from a marketing perspective. personally ive always gone to great lengths, sometimes ridiculous ones, to purchase originals of anythign i hear on mp3 that i like. i dont think thats the average music consumer though. and i would suppose most music industry types arent able to butter thier bread by trying to instill enough object fetishism into thier supporters to get them to buy music when they can get it for free.

I would imagine its only a matter or time before someone invents a conveient "vinyl scanner" that rips vinyl as easily as cds are today. tecnnology always breeds counter -technology
in an optimal world i suppose some clever peson could find a way to escape the tecnological p1ssing match and make people want people to feel an idealogical need to pay for something that they could get for free

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 4th, 2009, 9:16 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 7th, 2009, 8:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 41Location: Currently playing in the sandbox that is ArizonaJoined: May 19th, 2006, 10:54 am
*drools*

Now if only I had a turntable or record player; or the knowledge required to use one :(

PostPosted: December 8th, 2009, 2:42 am
Posts: 15Location: Milan, ItalyJoined: August 28th, 2007, 4:25 am
i keep checking the hydra head site every day and it keeps saying "coming soon". i.e. not even available for pre-order yet.

any idea when we'll actually be able to order it?

PostPosted: December 8th, 2009, 6:59 am
Hydra Head have it, seems Blu Collar Distribution (who run the online store) don't yet. Literally any day now.
There is an option to leave your email address.

{If you had subscribed to the newsletter you'd have gotten a direct VIP address to order from HH).

Offline Profile WWW