<  DeepPulse  ~  Disgusted

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 11:39 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
All well and good I'm sure DevilsAdvocate.

I'm fully aware that there are many different situations why people download illegally, and that some do go on to buy an album, that others discover music that way etc, and that the situation is here to stay.
The fact remains that many people that used to buy albums and supported the artists by doing so no longer do, and that it's having a very adverse effect.
No matter how one tries to justify it, taking something for nothing just isn't right.
You really can't have something for nothing and somebody has to pay the price.

Interesting btw, that you chose to post as "DevilsAdvocate" and not under your usual "DimLight02" profile.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 12:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 63Location: Planet EarthJoined: October 14th, 2007, 5:28 pm
I just thought I'd make one post and leave it as that.
To be honest, I just really wanted the nickname to match. :wink:

I'm all for supporting the artists you love. I just don't have the financial ability to buy all the albums I'm thinking about trying ahead of time. I ALWAYS make it a habit to buy an album I like.

And once I find an artist I enjoy, and know I can expect good things from (especially like Lustmord and The Flashbulb) I buy their music right away. I always love finding new artists like that. It's such a rush when you find music you enjoy to the very core of your body.

I guess we all have different ways of finding those new tunes. You may disapprove of the way I do it, and I can see why, but I find it works best for me. I've never been in a state of music saturation, before, as I am now. And it's only getting worse (or better, depending on how you look at it.) :D

[EDIT] grammar and stuff

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 5:00 pm
B.
On behalf of the TRUE fans and admires,
NOT the moralless ASSHOLES that call themselves "fans", those that would make excuses for their crimes against you and those that don't respect or appreciate you enough NOT to steal from you and whore your art out, I sincerely apologize for your grief.

For the moralless ASSHOLES, lairs and thieves, FUCK YOU!
You ruin it for us all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 2:21 am
Posts: 6Location: FranceJoined: October 12th, 2009, 7:56 am
Fuck you too asshole !!!
Yes, I've downloaded some Lustmord albums , but fuck, I certainly bought more than you did and give him more money to live and create. I've always supported B. Lustmord by buying his produces (t-shirts, albums...) !!!
Please, don't consider yourself as a great true fan thinking you're in the right way ! Fuck you !!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 3:55 am
Posts: 167Location: EnglandJoined: December 30th, 2006, 11:44 am
Errr ok.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 4:05 am
Youggo wrote:
Yes, but I want to buy a real CD, not a mp3 I can get everywhere for free. This is the old law of the offer and demand.
Your albums are not all available, even if you re-released a lot of old projects recently (thank you for that by the way). For exemple, I was looking for Carbon-Core since a couple of years... and finaly I downloaded it. Shame on me.

Yes, shame on you. Stop trying to justify yourself, especially when, as explained, the albums are all available on itunes. You want the hard copy? Tough, you'll have to make do with what's available, and actually PAY the artist. I want a Ferrari, but guess what, I'd have to stump up the money for it first...

Simple concept.

EDIT - I'm also pretty sure that, with a little work, you'd be able to find a copy of Carbon Core, for example. Have you been searching Discogs and Ebay, Amazon etc? Probably not, people are too lazy to actually do some investigative work.

Last edited by Oceanic on October 13th, 2009, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 4:13 am
Oceanic wrote:
EDIT - I'm also pretty that, with a little work, you'd be able to find a copy of Carbon Core, for example. Have you been searching Discogs and Ebay, Amazon etc? Probably not, people are too lazy to actually do some investigative work.
And do you really think that if I buy this album on Ebay or Amazon my money will directly go to Mr. Lustmord himself ??
Think a minute man before saying bullshits.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 4:18 am
Hah, are you clueless? That's like saying "yeah, do you think if you buy X music from a recognised, well known distributor that they'd see any money?" Terrible argument and factually incorrect.

I take it that's a no then to any actual work in trying to locate one? You're typical of the lazy, i need it now generation we live in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 4:22 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Youggo wrote:
do you really think that if I buy this album on Ebay or Amazon my money will directly go to Mr. Lustmord himself ??

If you buy it from iTunes absolutely.

Amazon also paid for copies they have )had ?) in stock, though I dissuade people from buying there as my releases are usually overpriced on Amazon due to their mark up.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 4:25 am
No more "fuck you" comments at each other thanks, I'll only remove them if you do.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 5:12 am
B. if one day you want to re-edit Carbon-Core, I'll be the first to enjoy and order it on your website. I really don't want to pay for an Itune MP3.
Oceanic wrote:
Hah, are you clueless? That's like saying "yeah, do you think if you buy X music from a recognised, well known distributor that they'd see any money?" Terrible argument and factually incorrect.
The most of the albums we can find on Ebay or amazon are second-hand products. I don't want to give money to these guys selling their oldies.
Oceanic wrote:
You're typical of the lazy, i need it now generation we live in.
Who are you to say that ? I got an important stock of cds, I always buy cds, even If they are hard to find. I got very rare products for which I spend a lot of time and money to get. I'm not a "lazy-I need it now" guy, trust me.

And sorry for the "fuck you" comment. Just an answer to Em.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 7:24 am
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
What a frightfully retarded discussion this turned into. How about you leave each other alone and follow your own conscience? I think we can all conclude that it's good to buy physical albums in the extent that you can afford them. Focusing on buying albums from more independent artists who depend more on CD sales is also a good idea. Other than that, do what your morals tell you to. Youggo, I see your point about not wanting to pay for mp3's, but in that case, why don't you buy some merch instead as a compensation? Oceanic and Em, nobody benefits from geriatric rants like those. Try to keep it on a semi-adult level, otherwise this board will rapidly lose all of its contributors.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 7:45 am
Adversarius wrote:
Youggo, I see your point about not wanting to pay for mp3's, but in that case, why don't you buy some merch instead as a compensation?
Sure, I did. 2 t-shirts and a mug.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 12:19 pm
B wrote:
... making me wonder why I bother.

This is what scares me. This thought is repeated amongst many of the musicians I've loved for years who are finding themselves unable to make a living making music. I don't lose any sleep over their pocketbooks (no offense B) but the sad part is that many are just quitting. I think the notion is they feel their music is being made disposable by all this. There's first the problem of the financial strain, and on top of that they seem to find the illegal downloading insulting. I imagine it must be like having your motivation kicked in the balls.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 4:20 pm
@Youggo

If you or any one else is inclined (which I doubt any of you have the moral fortitude) all REPARATIONS for illegal downloads can be made to:

VAULTWORKS
P.O. BOX 370065
RESEDA, CA 91337-0065
U.S.A.

Offline Profile