<  Music  ~  throbbing gristle at coachella and their current state

PostPosted: April 21st, 2009, 10:45 pm
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
anyone go to coachella or see the video clips of TG live there this year? I think it was kind of exciting to have them perform live again, but damn...gen-p is fucking awful. his/her voice is nothing like it use to be, and at nearly 60 - he/she looked horrible on stage, almost like death.

anyone here dig TG? i loved their last album that came out, it had a great sound to it.

this clip here has some great music, it is nearly ruined tho with the vocals...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PmQDEZ8D8.

B - do you stay in contact with anything from TG? Do you, or did you ever, like any of their work?

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2009, 9:24 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Chris and Cosey are amongst my oldest and closest friends and we get together and often as we can, which is very 2-3 years with us living in different countries.
Saw them last night at the TG show here in LA.

I've seen TG numerous times and complied the four CD "best of live" set for Mute around 91 (?) etc etc.

Chris and Cosey were instrumental in my starting to work with sound myself after specifically encouraging me to do so and remain as supportive to this day.

TG were a huge influence on a generation of musicians who in turn influenced others and their importance can't be over emphasized.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2009, 11:17 am
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
What's a good place to start with their music? What would you recommend?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2009, 11:38 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
For obvious reasons the four live CD's I compiled myself.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2009, 1:26 pm
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
i have no question of their importance in music. i absolutely love their work, and have for years.

i enjoy their solo projects as well, minus Psychic Tv.

I seem to recall you speaking of a relationship with Chris & Cosey before. Do you speak with Gen-P or Peter ever?

My only complaint with what I saw of TG from Coachella '09 was Gen-P staggering about on stage, and the vocals just not sounding like they use to. I know he is older, I know its a totally different time now but if you're going to do old material...it will be compared to the originals regardless of current standing factors, and thats where my questions came from...

i am extremely envious of you B though for getting to see them live, I would definitely pay good money to see Chris, Cosey & Peter play live any day. I think I would rather see them live twenty years ago though, that would be an even better live performance I bet.

Offline Profile WWW YIM