<  Music  ~  70's rock ( and reborn )

PostPosted: October 18th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Posts: 7Location: The NetherlandsJoined: October 18th, 2010, 2:19 pm
Hello.

This is my first topic here. Obviously i'm really into Dark Ambient music and Ambient in general.

However, i do wonder if there are any people here that are into 70's Rock music, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath, to name some of the popular ones.

Those bands are quite old though, and for me it was quite hard to find similar bands making such kind of music, After looking on the internet (myspace and such) i did found a few good bands. like The Devil's Blood, Blood Ceremony, and Witchcraft.

Is there anyone else who are into rock and roll? if so, what are your big-time favorites? Any new stuff you like? Maybe even playing in such a band? (i do, hehe)

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 11:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 32Location: WalesJoined: April 23rd, 2007, 4:46 am
My favourite band from the 70's and general inspiration at the time were Hawkwind.

Though Motorhead, Pink Fairies, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Budgie, etc also populated my record collection.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2010, 6:08 am
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
I've always enjoyed Spirit, especially their 12 Dreams album...amazing stuff.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: December 19th, 2010, 10:18 pm
Posts: 9Location: near indianapolisJoined: March 1st, 2010, 6:19 pm
I was born in '73... my first memory of music was listing to my aunts Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper and Kiss 8tracks and albums when I was very young. I still have the albums my aunt gave me for my high school graduation. She gave me
her Zeppelin, Cooper, Doors and Kiss collection. I enjoy Zeppelin but I can NOT stand Stairway to Heaven! Seriously, its the most overrated song EVER. Cooper is ok, I still enjoy the Doors. But Kiss is nowhere as cool as they were when I was 6. When I was 6 they were the best band in the world to me, but then as I got into my junior high years I realized that Annie Lennox had more talent than theses guys. Seriously, their "song writing skills" leave a lot to be desired. Not that I could do better, just sayin...

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: January 5th, 2011, 4:59 am
Posts: 7Location: The NetherlandsJoined: October 18th, 2010, 2:19 pm
Aye Stairway to Heaven is quite overrated imo , there are far better songs out there.

Hawkwind, now that's a real psychedelic band, love the period when Lemmy still played in the band.. shame they kicked him out.

Never liked Kiss though, i'm not saying they're not good, tried to listen to them but i dont 'feel' the music like the kiss fans do.

Another old school band known worldwide and from the Netherlands : Focus 8) they're great!

Offline Profile E-mail