<  DeepCore  ~  politics

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 4:50 am
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
that 'stuff' video was terribly over the top, and a bit too liberal for me. i don't agree with even half of what was said; the whole breast milk being the most contaminated product out there is just ridiculous - there are tons of studies to say otherwise, and every doctor i've come into contact with since my son was born 7 months ago - and they ALL say breastfeeding is the best possible option for a baby.

this lady tries to present the entire thing as something she wasn't aware of and just magically discovers - bullshit. this is a liberal, anti-capitalist group and they are just trying to play on a 'stumble on the truth' kind of approach, so those that are not tree-loving hippies can latch on and believe every word they say. i am sure there is another site elsewhere that points out how wrong most of their facts are. thats the interesting thing about all these liberal outlets - they will say anything, they especially like to throw out crazy 'facts' that grab attention - but they cite no real sources, and usually there are plenty of studies to show the exact opposite of what they say...but those studies aren't promoted by groups like this, so it goes unheard and the crazy liberal message is whats pushed by our media and the like.

the ipod is going to kill our planet!?

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 10:28 am
shipwreckage wrote:
that 'stuff' video was terribly over the top, and a bit too liberal for me. i don't agree with even half of what was said; the whole breast milk being the most contaminated product out there is just ridiculous - there are tons of studies to say otherwise, and every doctor i've come into contact with since my son was born 7 months ago - and they ALL say breastfeeding is the best possible option for a baby.

this lady tries to present the entire thing as something she wasn't aware of and just magically discovers - bullshit. this is a liberal, anti-capitalist group and they are just trying to play on a 'stumble on the truth' kind of approach, so those that are not tree-loving hippies can latch on and believe every word they say. i am sure there is another site elsewhere that points out how wrong most of their facts are. thats the interesting thing about all these liberal outlets - they will say anything, they especially like to throw out crazy 'facts' that grab attention - but they cite no real sources, and usually there are plenty of studies to show the exact opposite of what they say...but those studies aren't promoted by groups like this, so it goes unheard and the crazy liberal message is whats pushed by our media and the like.

the ipod is going to kill our planet!?

What the fffffuuuu..... Why does this thread exist?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 11:01 am
User avatarPosts: 169Location: GAJoined: December 21st, 2006, 11:04 pm
It would be interesting to see how toxic breast milk really is. From what I understand, breast milk is quite susceptible to accumulating various chemicals and stuff, but I'm sure results may vary throughout the population.

While I cannot personally validate everything she says, I can only say that the science department at the University I attend (an institution that openly embraces its conservative values, with a large population of christian students) has enough trust in its empiricism that they would show it to everyone in a class that is a university-wide prerequisite.
It's all certainly worth investigating with an open-mind.

Thanks for taking the time to watch it.

Oh, and I think the ipod she held up was just an example of "stuff", and perhaps also of something that contained mercury.

Last edited by walking barcode on April 30th, 2009, 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 11:10 am
forensicentomology wrote:

Hehe, I created it to learn more about the people who identified with my own musical preferences. The crowd is a lot more diverse than I thought it would be.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 1:58 pm
walking barcode wrote:

Hehe, I created it to learn more about the people who identified with my own musical preferences. The crowd is a lot more diverse than I thought it would be.

heheh, can't wait for the toxicity of breast milk to turn into a full on debate.

More or less apolitical here. I take stances on occasion but usually with the full knowledge I'm probably completely ill informed and wrong.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 2:14 pm
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
i guess someone needs to start drinking breast milk on this thread then, and we'll test you a few weeks down the road!

i agree - we should approach the whole environmental issue with an open mind, BUT any documentary or promotional video that starts out with telling me it is the JOB of the government to take care of us...i just cannot take it seriously from that point on, as they just gave away that they are as liberal as liberal gets. my view on the government is so far off on the extreme opposite end of the spectrum, as i only want the most minimal amount of government allowed by the constitution.

i do understand about the physical 'stuff' she was talking about...its the same arguement i heard back in middle school & high school years and years ago - except they would show us videos of waste dumps and such and that its taking up a certain percentage of the earth and by the 2000's it will cover 'x' amount more, and so on. i don't think those types of fear-tactic numbers will be actually correct, BUT i am sure the basic idea of our shit piling up all over the place is true. drive out in the middle of no where in the country and take a look at some country folks' homes...they have so much shit piled up all around you cannot even find the front door. multiply that by all of us dumping our shit somewhere, and yeah it will add up fast...i just don't agree with the approach to fixing it that was given in the video. i don't thing there is this evil empire among advertising and business that trick us into buying more stuff so we can fake being happy for awhile...thats silly. that basically is just telling you - hey, you're a dumbass that cannot think for yourself...really? thats really the way to fix it? tell everyone we're stupid, and to stop being a zombie of our pop culture....that won't save the earth. thats silly. there are tons of simple minded people, sure...but that won't ever change.

whats the better way to fix it all you'll ask? i have no idea. i'm not studying it enough to know, i have too much else to worry about - but i can still disagree with what is put in front of me, and i have to say i totally disagree with what that video said.

besides...they are promoting this video on the internet, selling DVD copies...both of those things are STUFF that will pollute at some point! how dare they!! to watch it requires us to have a computer and/or a dvd player...more evil stuff!!!!

hehe i'm just having fun, its a funny video to me...now the michio kaku seems quite interesting. i can't hear it very well right now, so i'll have to wtach it more closely later this weekend, but it looks like there are several interesting videos of his linked on there...

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 8:17 pm

heheh, can't wait for the toxicity of breast milk to turn into a full on debate.

unleash the capslock fury, "OK, YOU'RE WRONG, BREAST MILK IS...."

lmao

btw, has anyone here ever imbibed this nourishing teet ambrosia, from someone other than their mother, and as an adult? Is it yum? lolololol.

Oh and...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 9:27 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
It's obvious this thread is done. And therefore locked.

Offline Profile WWW