<  DeepCore  ~  Places associated with the music of Lustmord

PostPosted: November 4th, 2008, 8:39 am
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
There's one question I've been meaning to ask everyone in here, since it has a lot of personal significance for myself; are there any specific places, in reality or in your mind, that you strongly connect with a Lustmord track, or all Lustmord music in general?

I experience this a lot, especially with the tracks that lies rooted deeply within me. Last fall/winter, when the Swedish winter ensured that pretty much all hours were dark, I was experiencing a period of mental isolation and being quite disconnected from reality most of the time. During this period, I submerged myself into Lustmord's music every night before going to sleep(to me, the limbo between awakeness and sleep has always been the mental dimension in which I can extract the most out of Lustmord's music) and I formed this very distinct place in my mind associated with Heresy III, where I "went" everytime I listened to it. It was a dark harbor, and it was always night, a cloudy and misty night, which made the skies dark blue/grey. I remember the black silhouettes of cranes against the sky. There were several enormous cargo bays and fenced areas. In the distance, enormous, rusty machinery was clanking and screeching, slowly carrying on with their business long after the last trace of human life had gone. There were also shady creatures slowly prowling alongside the walls, soulless shadows just dragging along in a row, going nowhere. They were just as lifeless as was the machinery. And by the end of the track, when a distant, repetitive hooting makes its entrance, I was balancing at the very mental border of how far it is possible to be removed from reality without being asleep, the hooting becoming some distant alarm from an enormous, derelict machine, I'm sinking deeper and deeper into my dream vision all the time, and then the screeching sound comes along, scares me shitless and wakes me up on the spot, and reminds me to take my headphones out and go to sleep.

Also, lately(even though these experiences are never as strong in the spring and summer, for fairly obvious reasons) I've began to develop another customized mental environment for another one of my favorite tracks, Beneath. It's quite obscure, and the images never get really sharp due to the half-asleep state I'm in, but I get a very distinct feeling of being there. It's an enormous(in every sense of the word, I experience it as the size of a small city) circular chamber, the walls made out of metal of some sort. It's quite dark, and the smooth surfaces makes it hard to measure distance and proportion. From the very bottom of this chamber runs a quite thin metal pole, which goes right up into the center. On this pole sits the core of the chamber, an orb which seems to be an atomic reactor or something like it. It's also made out of grey, cold metal, but along the middle runs a thin strip, which has very strong, blue light emanating from it. It produces a constant sound(the sound of the music), a cold, swirling, soulless texture, sometimes interrupted by sharp metallic buzzing and the likes. I'm not sure where this chamber is located, but it feels like a space or space station of some kind. I'm quite positive that it's located in space, at any rate. Everything just has this cold, mechanic, comfortable and fascinating feel about it, it's quite impossible to explain.

I might sound like an idiot going on for row after row about my fantasy worlds, but I can't be the only one who gets this intense out of body-experiences from listening to Lustmord. When this happens, it feels more than reality than does the bed in the pitch black room that I'm lying in. These experiences are pretty much what my appreciation for the music is all based on; no sonic experience could ever match it. It's a state of mind where all need of expression or company goes away, leaving just me floating on the textures of sound in total harmony.

Enough now, I know I can never stop writing about things I'm passionate about. So, have any of you ever experienced anything similar?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: November 10th, 2008, 1:55 am
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
Come on, I can't possibly be the only one, can I?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 11:19 am
Cornwall.

I went camping there in 2006 with my girlfriend. We listened to Stalker and The Place Where the Black Stars Hang a lot out in the tent. It was excellent!

Mostly I just listen to Lustmord on my headphones in the dark at home though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: January 16th, 2009, 2:19 am
User avatarPosts: 14Location: CanadaJoined: November 12th, 2006, 12:27 am
"Heresey" came into my life at a low point and was one of the few anchors I had. The cd ws only one week old for my ears when I visited a friend who had a view of downtown Vancouver, Canada. That evening she had a gorgeous vantage point over the fog that had rolled in from the ocean, leaving only the tops of the towers visible. When we turned out the lights and played th ecd, she almost fell into a trance and wondered how I came to discover such beautiful music.

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: January 25th, 2009, 5:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 170Location: GAJoined: December 21st, 2006, 11:04 pm
Come to think of it, I watched a film recently, titled Manufactured Landscapes -- a brief review of which you may have read on this forum -- which might evoke what one could imagine as the sound of Lustmord. Check it out.

^that ain't lava, btw.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 10:05 am
Posts: 12Location: Pittsburgh P-AJoined: October 29th, 2009, 8:51 am

-Charles Bukowski
Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 10:11 am
Posts: 12Location: Pittsburgh P-AJoined: October 29th, 2009, 8:51 am

death valley, ca. (stovepipe wells-sand dunes to be specific.)

-Charles Bukowski
Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 11:42 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am

Offline Profile WWW