<  DeepCore  ~  Dark Ambiance And Meditation?

PostPosted: December 1st, 2011, 4:21 am
User avatarPosts: 1Joined: December 1st, 2011, 3:59 am
Does anyone meditate to Lustmord? Or at least use it for inspiration in art and writing? It seems like a whole different aura can be achieved by listening to lustmord and attempting meditation. Does anyone in the forums do any of this?

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 9:21 am
Yes I have used it to meditate to before (amongst other ambient artist). He is also inspirational in my song writing so I'd agree with you that there is definitely something unique about his soundscapes.

On another note, sweet avatar. Only 6 days left.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 8:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 2Joined: October 23rd, 2011, 7:47 pm
Yes.

Certain of the tracks strike at the subconscious and seems to make it easier to access it. The emotive qualities has also helped with darker projects.

Offline Profile E-mail YIM
PostPosted: March 24th, 2013, 5:09 am
Posts: 1Location: Illinois, USAJoined: March 24th, 2013, 4:53 am
This is my first post to this forum. I didn't actually know there was a Lustmord forum, I came to the website to check Live show schedule because I just found out that Lustmord & Ben Frost played in my home town of Adelaide, Australia recently whilst I'm over here in the USA.. lol.. Typical..

Anyway, onto the topic.. I used to listen to Lustmord whilst meditating regularly and still do on occasion. The description of it being "dark" is problematic in my opinion, to me it is just sound.. The funny thing is I find the music to be far more "spiritual" than the vast majority of music out there that is described as being such.. Why? Because to me the sounds represent a kind of primal presence that seems to resonate far more accurately with nature and cosmos.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like they are drifting in outer space when they listen to Lustmord.. That sense of space, vacancy and loneliness is akin in my mind to the buddhist monks who meditate on burial grounds, or chant at similar frequencies..

Anyway, that is just my take on it.. I'm not sure if the music is made with any of those intentions in mind but that is just how I experience it personally.. It just seems to resonate with me on a much more natural level than most other forms of ambience.. My favourite would be Carbon/Core..

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: August 14th, 2013, 8:22 am
Quote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like they are drifting in outer space when they listen to Lustmord.. That sense of space, vacancy and loneliness is akin in my mind to the buddhist monks who meditate on burial grounds, or chant at similar frequencies..

I couldn't agree more. I listen to Lustmord during certain kinds of meditations, depending on what it is that I am trying to accomplish. If I am trying to achieve a state of vacuity (ie passive/mindfulness type meditation) Lustmord in the background gives me fantastic results. It is dark and it talks to that aspect of my mind. Sometimes I DON'T want Love and Compassion's high frequencies. Sometimes I WANT to embrace darkness. Lustmord brings me to that center.

Offline Profile E-mail