<  Deep Prime  ~  Total albums sold

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2010, 2:08 pm
I thought I'd ask this question directly at the "source", as it occurred to me a while ago. We can all see thousands of fans on your Facebook page etc., but what I'm interested in is how many albums in total (approximately, of course) Lustmord has actually sold since its inception (I'm referring to physical formats primarily, but also digital ones). Somehow, the brutality of the digital age where everything is readily available in a few clicks gives me an image of only the tiniest fraction of alleged fans actually owning any genuine albums.

Also, what is the typical number of copies per press of recent Lustmord albums/reissues? Is the situation better or worse compared to, say, 10-15 years ago?

P.S. And let it be said that I'd absolutely love to see a reissue of Carbon/Core on CD in the near future :)

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2010, 2:10 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
gojko88 wrote:
Somehow, the brutality of the digital age where everything is readily available in a few clicks gives me an image of only the tiniest fraction of alleged fans actually owning any genuine albums.

Correct.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 5th, 2010, 11:19 am
Posts: 167Location: EnglandJoined: December 30th, 2006, 11:44 am
A mixture of total disgust and disappointment. Ironically, it's the so called 'casual' music fans (i.e. Britney spears, coldplay etc etc) who actually buy albums, not the so called 'hardcore' collective, who seem too busy trolling up message boards with their reviews after one listen of a download.

Offline Profile