<  Deep Prime  ~  Lustmord cassette

PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 1:46 am
Posts: 2Location: Ames, IAJoined: December 4th, 2005, 1:34 am
B,

I have a cassette version of the old Lustmørd album, but know next to nothing about it! Although I don't have the original LP, it's tracklisting is the same as that given for the first 8 tracks on "A Document...." The cover features a dental photo.

I'd like to know what year the tape was released, as well as any other info you can recall about it.

Thanks!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 10:32 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
That was released a few months after the first album, so that would be around 1981 or early 1982. It was a few bits and pieces from that period including some live recordings from 81, put out in a very limited quantity by Sterile, who wanted to put something too follow up on interest at the time. It wasn't something I was really interested in, but they managed to persuade me for some reason that I don't recall.
Years latter, some of the tracks were latter added to the CD version of the first album, which is the version that most people are familiar with - the first album having only being pressed in two runs of 500 in 1981.
Less than 200 copies of that cassette were made. I think the figure might be closer to 120 though.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 5th, 2005, 7:10 am
Posts: 2Location: Ames, IAJoined: December 4th, 2005, 1:34 am
Thanks so much for the info! I didn't realize that the CD version wasn't the same as the LP. So the LP came out in 1981? The CD says it was 1982 and Nigel's site says 1983 (here). Always been a bit confused on that point, since I don't have the LP.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 5th, 2005, 10:01 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
It came out in 81 according to what notes I have left from the period.
The CD version caries slightly in that a few things were removed, a live version replaced a studio recording, longer edits etc. And of course additional tracks.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 10th, 2005, 6:43 am
So what did Charles do to convince you to release Heresy on cassette? I have it just for the sake of collecting but I haven't owned a cassette player in maybe 6yrs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 10th, 2005, 10:14 am
Namuh wrote:
So what did Charles do to convince you to release Heresy on cassette? I have it just for the sake of collecting but I haven't owned a cassette player in maybe 6yrs.

When Heresy was released in 1990, there was still a market for cassettes, so I agreed on limited run, but I didn't really see the point.
I don't think there was much interest in it though and I think Soleilmoon stopped doing cassettes around about then. They started as a cassette label and Heresy was their first CD.

Last edited by B on December 11th, 2005, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 11th, 2005, 5:46 am
and a damn fine one at that... :wink:

Offline Profile