<  Deep Prime  ~  The very first Lustmord LP :)

PostPosted: November 12th, 2006, 1:38 am
User avatarPosts: 14Location: CanadaJoined: November 12th, 2006, 12:27 am
Hi there everyone. I have previously posted under the user name Nooten but have since re-registrared with this name (as I couldnt remember my pw, and my photography porfolio work goes under my new name).

I have been listening to Lustmord ever since I came across his two unqiue tracks off of the Vhutemas /Archetypi LP in 1988. His music was dark, but peaceful in its own way. An incredible alternative to the ethereal music I had been covered in thru 4AD at the time. I have forever been collecting all of his work that I find captures his dark ambient theme (sorry Metal beast and The Melvins).

I have the honor of owning a copy of the original LP with the 3 extra "fillers" that are found on side one. I remember Mr Williams has stated that he felt that these small edits didn't seem to go so well and decided to remove them from the CD release. But I was wondering if he would be interested in offering these tracks as downloadable files for the curious. Is this a possible venture? Do you own the rights to the first LP or does one have to get permission from someone else to do this? His Name Is Alive have been releasing downlodable EPs and LPs on their site for the last few years and I think it makes for great marketing.

Any interest here, guys?

Thanks again for the music! The remastered versions of Hersey and Black Stars are amazing!

By the way, feel free to check out my alternative photo work http://mizu1.deviantart.com and check out the "recent deviations" section.

Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: November 14th, 2006, 7:12 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 27Location: MichiganJoined: September 6th, 2006, 1:20 pm
Hey Dave,
If you click HERE you can reset your password on your old name.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: November 14th, 2006, 11:59 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 27Location: MichiganJoined: September 6th, 2006, 1:20 pm
Those photos are fantastic! What equipment do you use?
They sure have made some changes to Deviantart, I have not been there in a long time.

I hope to do some live model work some day, for now I'll just stick to my concerts. If your curious to see my photos, you can click my www below.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: November 15th, 2006, 1:07 am
Actually I think I'l stay with my current name and pw as most of my portfolio work is tied into it.

Thank you very much for the compliments. Although I have portfolios on both One Model Place and Model Mayhem, I linked to the Deviant Art site because it is closest to my heart and allows me to showcase my darker images and themes. Maybe I'm looking for attention from 4AD in hopes that they may, one day, ask me to do a cover for them. But I have also always wanted to do a cover for a dark-ambient (or as I like to refer to it as industrial-ambient-minimalism) release.

To give you more of an idea as to some of the more still-life side of my work check out this site I made for the supreme ambient minimalist pianist, Harold Budd ( http://www.fedge.net/budd/ ). I think this is an artist who has been terribly under-appreciated in his own time by the record labels as well as having a proper web presence. So I thought the least I could do was to make this website in his honor.

Oh, to answer your inquires as to what I used for equipment. I am currently using a Canon Digital 30D camera. This camera has completely changed my life, photographically. I feel for the first time in 5 years since diving into digital photography that I am shooting 35mm again. The only difference is that I can process the images myself at home using photoshop. The models that I showcase on the deviant website know exactly what I intend to do with the images after the shoot.

Now, back onto topic, what about those rogue samples from the LP version of the first Lustmord LP? :)

PostPosted: November 15th, 2006, 1:12 am
And just to let you all know ... I would pay a small fortune to get those rare cassette only tape of live Lustmord performances on CD or at the very least CDR.

I think you might have some interest here Mr Williams if the idea of downloading these tracks ever crossed your mind. :)