<  Deep Prime  ~  Program(s) or VST's for big reverbs?

PostPosted: June 9th, 2010, 1:01 pm
Posts: 47Location: CanadaJoined: December 3rd, 2005, 11:04 am
Hi B,

I have always had a fairly unhealthy obsession with the sound of massive decaying reverbs and the image of the space which would make these sounds, and i find of all "similar" artists i know, you have about the best sense of how to make them, and make them interesting. I am curious what you are using to make the reverbs you use... is there any particular program, VST, or the like that is very tweakable, flexible, and doesn't have much in the way of limiting the absurdly long trailing 'verbs? I'm doing a lot more recording these days than i used to, and most of the things i end up stumbling upon just don't quite offer what i am looking for. It doesn't help when i ask about this kind of stuff on other recording forums, since what i want isn't something almost anyone really uses (besides surrealist/ambient/the occasional metal artist... and let's face it, most metal sounds horrible so i am not going to trust them haha).

So, i guess the short question is, what would you suggest i use to shape and build up my reverbs with? I don't particularly need details on HOW you do it, just a few nudges in the right direction.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 9th, 2010, 1:27 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I don't use VST just AU, so I have no reason to keep track of what's available.

I've only used convulsion reverb for a few years now and for me is the only way to go - real spaces vs algorithms trying to mimic same.
Of course the detail is going with a convolution reverb app that has good parameters and an excellent library to work from.

I sometimes use the convulsion reverb that comes withLogic, but my main tool is Altiverb.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 10th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Posts: 47Location: CanadaJoined: December 3rd, 2005, 11:04 am
Much appreciated Mr. B! I think i will probably give Altiverb a go and see how i like it.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 10th, 2010, 2:59 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
You'll like it.

And a 64 bit version is on it's way.

Offline Profile WWW