<  Deep Prime  ~  camouflage

PostPosted: February 20th, 2009, 3:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 170Location: GAJoined: December 21st, 2006, 11:04 pm
What lead to this interest, and when? Is your interest strictly related to military camo, or also to natural forms of camo? I always wondered why the military switched to a pixilated camo format; I read (a while back) it had to do with improved color diffusion, or something.

B, are you preparing for the collapse of civilization? Hahaha... oh wait [looks at newspaper headlines] maybe I shouldn't laugh...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: February 20th, 2009, 3:44 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I've had an interest in camouflage in general for as far back as I can remember. That grew into interest in the theory and technology involved.

Digital camouflage was developed because until then man-made camouflage would work at a set distance but at others (great from afar, useless close up and vice-versa). Computing allowed new approaches.
Also because of the need of a camo pattern that works in a wide range of different terrain. See Multicamd for a good example of modern developments, Very effective.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: February 21st, 2009, 8:00 am
Posts: 167Location: EnglandJoined: December 30th, 2006, 11:44 am
Not a fan of digi camo; it just looks too pixelated and...wrong.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: February 21st, 2009, 8:37 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Oceanic wrote:

It's not suppose to be a fashion statement or for personal aesthetic. It dose what it's supposed to do very well indeed, including in the infrared range.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: February 21st, 2009, 2:31 pm
Oceanic wrote:

Yeah, when it was first released I thought, "what are they doing?!" I thought maybe they were cutting costs and just half-assing the fatigue production process.

I had no idea there was an actual purpose.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: March 21st, 2009, 1:08 am
Urban Camoflauge

I like the folderflauge.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 17th, 2009, 12:44 pm
Posts: 2Location: Gogledd DywyllJoined: November 17th, 2009, 6:29 am
Im a fan of Flecktarn, works well for what i need it, mostly hunting in wooded areas.

I have been looking at the digi cam stuff and its pretty impressive. I hate Realtree camo stuff, alot of people i know rate, but for me, the Flecktarn works.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: November 21st, 2009, 7:23 pm
I've seen demonstrations of the new pixilated camo the marines have switched over too. It's impressive. I also read somewhere someone is claiming to have cloaked a tank, virtually rendered it invisible through some elaborate projector and camera setup. Supposedly classified yadda yadda yadda so I take it with a grain of salt, however that would be something.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2009, 1:48 pm
Posts: 9Location: SwedenJoined: November 23rd, 2009, 1:20 pm
Heh, this made me think of a quote by Demetri Martin:

I like clothes, you know. I dig fabrics. One of my favorite clothing patterns is camouflage. Because when you're in the woods it makes you blend in. But when you're not it does just the opposite. It's like, 'Hey, there's an asshole.' But when you're in the woods you're like, 'Is there an asshole out here?' They look like trees.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2009, 12:27 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Offline Profile WWW