<  Deep Prime  ~  martin hannett

PostPosted: September 24th, 2009, 5:11 pm
Posts: 5Location: cardiff walesJoined: August 17th, 2008, 9:56 am
Ive often wondered this since i saw unknown pleasures mentioned in your top ten records. were you influenced by his production style in the way that you produce records? and also were you influenced by his own solo records that got a brief release on factory?(whom he disregarded and made tony wilson delete after a few months of printing) His own music was a mix of ambient and dub music very eno influenced. Im curious as to if his own music was an influence on you for this reason?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: September 24th, 2009, 7:46 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Outside of a few things he produced for factory I'm not really familiar with his output, and I haven't heard any of his own work.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 9:55 am
Posts: 12Location: Pittsburgh P-AJoined: October 29th, 2009, 8:51 am
Make sure you all see the film "24 hour party people" , relating to and about Martin Hannett, Tony Wilson/the factory/Happy Mondays/Joy Division and that Manchester scene ... fun movie .

-Charles Bukowski
Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 10:09 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I was at a couple of the events portrayed in 24. The opening of the hacienda etc. Really feels like a different lifetime now and probably was.

Offline Profile WWW