<  Deep Prime  ~  Zoetrope Film

PostPosted: December 9th, 2011, 7:14 pm
Posts: 15Location: Virginia, USAJoined: September 2nd, 2008, 12:16 pm
Hey B,

I'm merely curious because I've seen the short film Zoetrope several times now, and I wanted to ask your opinion on it. We all know what you contributed to the film (and your work actually made it that much more interesting to watch), but I watched the film again for myself only a few minutes ago and I'd like to know, what are your thoughts on Charlie Deaux's work with the film? Do you have any ideas or theories as to what the film itself means? What is your take on it overall? And for that matter, have you actually read Kafka's "In the Penal Colony"?

I apologize if the questions come off as a bit unusual sounding; I will admit I'm a little drunk at the moment. Thanks for reading this regardless

Edit: My main reason for asking about this is because I have my own theories as to what the film and its director COULD be saying, but I really would like to hear from others on what they think it could mean. I'm welcome to any sort of discussion.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 6:09 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I discussed the meaning of the movie as well as vey specific details with Charlie at great length (we became good friends and spent a lot of time together) and I'm very aware of the meaning and contributed elements of my won.

But of course, with something like Zoetrope, as with my own work, the point isn't to tell you the meaning but for it to stand up by itself and to be what it is.

Offline Profile WWW