<  DeepEcho  ~  V is for Vagina

PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 2:30 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
About time I posted something again, been very busy.

Mixing is currently underway for "V is for Vagina", the Puscifer album that I'm contributing too.

Release is scheduled for October 30 on Puscifer Entertainment.
The result isn't necessarily what you might expect when you think of Lustmord collaborating with Mayanrd.
You have been warned.

Last edited by B on August 4th, 2007, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 11:07 am
Posts: 14Location: eugene, orJoined: September 17th, 2006, 8:09 pm
great, i'm sure it'll be well worth the wait! anxious...

i appreciate your continuing to put your creativity out there

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 11:08 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
cardan wrote:
i appreciate your continuing to put your creativity out there

Well.. nobody has tried to stop me yet.
Perhaps they should.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 12:07 pm
Posts: 167Location: EnglandJoined: December 30th, 2006, 11:44 am
I've never been a fan of 'silly' album or track names, but I'll definitely check the music out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 3:48 am
I am very much looking forward to this album. Granted Puscifer is a bit of a "joke band" but regardless, they make beautiful music in the process. And as you said...Lustmord + Maynard = niiiice

Offline Profile
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 6:37 am
It's not a joke, but it is fun. Big difference.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 9:55 am
Agreed. Was mainly referring to how they're getting slated as a "joke band" by people not too keen on Maynard's work. Mainly after the release of "Cuntry Boner" I have heard people calling Puscifer a "joke band" for some reason. Though personally I'd quicker categorize Weird Al as such.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2008, 3:08 pm
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
Anyone really gotten into this album yet?

just came across it in the Brainwashed.com 2007 reader's poll category of "the absolutely worst album of the year," and it reminded me about the album, as I had just about forgot of it.

I gave it one solid listen and found it pretty awful. Just curious if that is the all around view of it on this message board, or if I should give it another go because I'm missing something in it...

It just seemed so underwhelming after I heard it...it was almost just white noise after a few tracks. anyone else see it that way?

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2008, 3:58 pm
shipwreckage wrote:
poll category of "the absolutely worst album of the year,"

Funny.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2008, 6:09 pm
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
heh yeah - i know, polls are stupid to begin with. at least its not a political poll for once this week!

the only reason i read the poll results is because it is from brainwashed, and i enjoy the brainwashed website content every week.

i hope this wasn't taken negatively towards you b, as i know you contributed your talents to this album...i didn't meant to bring up my dislike for the album in an attempt to slam you.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2008, 6:45 pm
Not at all, you're entitled to your opinion.
I wouldn't expect most people into my Lustmord output to like the album, but that's OK. It's important to do different things and it's important to have some fun , great if others like that but fine if they don't.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 2:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 4Location: wouldn't you like to knowJoined: December 19th, 2007, 5:54 pm
life is about variety and living it to the fullest ...

and hey .. music is music ..

and this album .. not so bad ....

though i heard there was controversy over an image on the video ....

PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 7:56 am
It wasn't my favorite album out there, but there were indeed a few tracks I rather enjoyed. I found Trekka a pretty nice listen, as was Queen B. But overall I was mainly disappointed as it was not what I had expected, given what Puscifer had released prior to the album. But, as Maynard said, this was an album for HIM. A bit of fun. So, in that respect, it did it's job. No one ever claimed this was going to be one of those deep and thoughtful albums Maynard has been a part of in the past (with Tool and APC).

Offline Profile