<  DeepPulse  ~  Zoetrope Trailer Online

PostPosted: November 20th, 2005, 4:06 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
The trailer for the short movie Zoetrope is now online at http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/003982.html

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 21st, 2005, 2:48 am
User avatarPosts: 9Location: Western AustraliaJoined: November 19th, 2005, 6:03 pm
Speaking of Zoetrope. I took it over to a good friend's house. Put on the DVD, wide screen TV, impressive stereo system to back it up.

A group of us watched it quietly for the 18 minutes it runs. When finished, he looked very quiet, and a few minutes later, he just said "That is intense"..

Visually and sonically it is brilliant. More so if it affected him so, given he 'grew up' on SPK, SRL, Coil, Neubauten, Diamanda Galas and other such artists.

I whole heartedly recommend anyone that gets a chance to buy this DVD. It is item that will change you :) Plus the packaging is really nifty.

"That is not dead which eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."
Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2005, 4:34 am
User avatarPosts: 15Location: Kiel/GermanyJoined: November 22nd, 2005, 4:27 am
Has the short Movie even been shown at cinemas in Europa ??
I have only seen the short File for PC/MAC whitch is on the CD.

S.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2005, 9:40 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Selector wrote:
Has the short Movie even been shown at cinemas in Europa ??
I have only seen the short File for PC/MAC whitch is on the CD.

No, the only place it's been screened is in Los Angeles for a small group of film professionals.
A DVD is now available from Soleilmoon

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 13th, 2005, 4:36 pm
Watched the trailer and it's prety damned wonderful, strange and kind of beautiful; kind of evocative of the expressionist films in a way..
I enjoyed the soundscape, and would love to see the full version. Don't suppose there's going to be a great chance of that in the UK though.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 7:06 pm
This trailer is awesome.... I must see this movie...
I have the Zoetrope CD and I noticed that the music on it is very different from the music playing in this movie trailer. Do any of you know where to get the audio track that is used in the trailer. The music in the trailer is very cool..... thanks....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 9:13 pm
xenodrum wrote:
I have the Zoetrope CD and I noticed that the music on it is very different from the music playing in this movie trailer. Do any of you know where to get the audio track that is used in the trailer. .

Didn't I include the trailer music on the CD ? I thought I had. The trailer itself is also on the CD, or don't you actually have the disc ?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 12th, 2006, 11:48 pm
Posts: 2Location: TampaJoined: January 12th, 2006, 9:48 pm
Wow. :? I would put more in here, but not much needs to be said.

EDIT: After watching it a few more times I really need this.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2006, 6:24 am
Yes the trailer is on the CD. but I was looking for just the audio track of the music in the trailer.. thx.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: January 13th, 2006, 6:33 am
OK. Im not paying attention. the trailer is the last song on the cd. sorry for all that....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: January 19th, 2006, 12:39 pm
Posts: 9Location: United KingdomJoined: January 19th, 2006, 12:34 pm
this is my favorite thing in the entire world.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2006, 2:21 pm
unternull wrote:

You need to get out more...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 19th, 2006, 3:00 pm
Posts: 9Location: United KingdomJoined: January 19th, 2006, 12:34 pm
B wrote:
unternull wrote:

You need to get out more...

There's just not a whole lot to do in Long Beach besides watch this video over and over and over :(

PostPosted: January 19th, 2006, 5:05 pm
just got it today, and watched it.

i've been waiting for this for a number of years.

honestly, i feel a bit let down.

visually and aurally, i was impressed, and awe struck.

but, i was really hoping for something more...

i'll admit, first heard the cd, and fell silent immediately. without a doubt, its an amazing piece all by itself. i learned the origin, and read the short story by Franz Kafka.

and then i heard there was a short film! OMFG!!!

B pointed out that it was not BASED on the short story, but the book was more of an inspiration.

the feeling left on me after viewing it, was a lacking in the area of dialogue and character interaction.

as a short film on its own, its a great piece. it'll catch your eyes and ears. but, why the man in the cell does what he does, is not explained. the purpose and use of the machine is not explained. the 'jail keeper' is also only sparsely gone over.

it leaves many unanswered questions (if you've read the story that is). i didnt expect a 'replica' of the short story. but, something with a bit more detail to it.

just my 2 cents.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: January 19th, 2006, 7:10 pm
I too received my copy of this film in the mail today, and I am so disappointed with this purchase that I felt I must share my opinion. I logged in to this site only to find that a fellow member just wrote the review I was about to write.

The movie trailer is incredible and Lustmord is the best damn dark ambient composer you can find period, but this film is horrible. The visuals are impressive, but thats about it. No substance at all. I feel totally let down. I usually enjoy dark surreal pieces of this nature, but it seems that they tried just a little to hard to be cool, dark and mysterious with this piece..

Sorry to bash this film so hard, but I would just hate to see anyone else waste their money on this trash. My advice is to save your money, and purchase the Zoetrope CD instead if you don't already own it.

Also, the Zoetrope trailer is so much better than the actual film; ....... and it's free..

Long live Lustmord...

Offline Profile