<  Deep Prime  ~  Night Passage Demixed

PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 5:30 am
Posts: 1Location: BahrainJoined: December 4th, 2007, 5:16 am
[Moved]

B wrote:
I've updated the discography to include direct links to Soleilmoon for album purchases and also linked to the relevant titles available on at the iTunes store.

Hello. This is my first posting on your site. I am interested in getting hold of Night Passage Demixed (by Alan Lamb) on Dorobo. Any help on how I can get it?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 9:38 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Presumably contacting Dorobo would be a good place to start.
Though as far as I'm aware it was deleted a while back (?).

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 3:34 pm
Posts: 10Location: PortlandJoined: March 22nd, 2007, 9:21 am
It's probably not possible to contact Dorobo since the label has been defunct for several years now, and the web site is gone.

You can probably get a copy of this CD not too unreasonably from Ebay or Discogs.com

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 3:37 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Thanks for posting Mike, I had no idea.

Guess I should re-release the Lustmord contribution myself at some stage.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 4:56 pm
Posts: 10Location: PortlandJoined: March 22nd, 2007, 9:21 am
I really love this CD, by the way.

I don't recall seeing Lustmord credited this way before... Lustmord: Brian Williams & Paul Haslinger. Sort of implies Paul was a member of Lustmord or something? Or I guess that credit could be read as "this is a duo of Lustmord: Brian Williams on one hand, and Paul Haslinger on the other."

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 5:03 pm
That track was done with Paul Haslinger and since people were used (?) to Lustmord being just me I figured I'd credit him properly.

We've talked about doing more together other than the movie stuff but haven't gotten around to it, yet at least.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: September 11th, 2009, 2:41 am
Posts: 57Location: SwedenJoined: March 14th, 2008, 1:27 pm
This release just landed on my hallway floor this morning when the mailman arrived. I wasn't aware of it's existence until just two weeks ago. Even though this is an old thread, I thought I'd post this:

Bought my copy through Discogs and I think there are four more up there at the moment. Three of this exakt release and one in the compilation Alan Lamb - Night Passage & Night Passage Demixed.

Also, I noticed that the latter is available through Drone Records mailorder.

The release is really good. The four artists participating really bring their own signature to all the remixes. Albums like this usually don't hold together very well or don't hold any interest really. But this one is different. The Lustmord track is surprisingly melodic, which I enjoy a lot. The other tracks are not (and I enjoy those as well).

I kind of chuckled when I read the warning note on the tray card, giving a warning about the 4th track having a lot of deep frequency action. The funny thing is that the before the last track we have remixes by Ryoji Ikeda, Thomas Köner and Lustmord – all three very well known for their use of infra frequencies. And then along comes Bernard Günther!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: September 11th, 2009, 6:41 am
I'll rerelease the Lustmord track at some stage, just a mater of finding a place for it.

Offline Profile WWW