<  DeepEcho  ~  Tool: Vicarious

PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 8:53 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
The Tool "Vicarious" video released today includes intro and outro sound by Lustmord.

The DVD release of the video also includes an eight minute Lustmord piece for the main menu and music/sound design (including treatments of Vicarious) for the "Making Of" documentary and the sound design for the Tool logo ident.

It's a video well worth seeing.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 12:23 pm
Posts: 167Location: EnglandJoined: December 30th, 2006, 11:44 am
Cheers. I'll definitely be getting it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 5:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 4Location: wouldn't you like to knowJoined: December 19th, 2007, 5:54 pm
well thank you .. again :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 11:37 am
User avatarPosts: 170Location: GAJoined: December 21st, 2006, 11:04 pm
Having watched the documentary, I must say, this short film/ music video was quite a feat of artistic collaboration. Simply amazing.

As I viewed the (particularly immersive) DVD intro, menu desert scene, and music video intro, it dawned on me the significance of a fully "lustmorded" version of the video -- replete with the ethereal ambience of what is likely manifested within this alternate dimension/dreamscape, as well as sound effects originating from the various characters/entities – X, the carbon destroyer, et al. This, I am sure, is something that has already been considered, so if there was ever a chance of its creation, it would have already been done and possibly included on the DVD, no?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 12:32 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
walking barcode wrote:
if there was ever a chance of its creation, it would have already been done and possibly included on the DVD, no?

Indeed.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 5:15 pm
B wrote:
walking barcode wrote:
if there was ever a chance of its creation, it would have already been done and possibly included on the DVD, no?

Indeed.

arg! [shakes cutlass in the air] :o

On a side note -- considering my recent forum soap-boxing on mass media -- it is probably evident that I’d have a fascination with the symbolism contained in the video, as I’m sure many do. I’m curious as to what exactly is being depicted, and if there was any dialogue on the matter during, or after, its conception between B, Adam and Alex.

You don’t have to answer this.

“Why thank you, kind and gentle sir, for giving me permission to remain silentâ€Â

Last edited by walking barcode on March 10th, 2008, 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 12:18 am
Posts: 6Location: Los Angeles, CAJoined: December 9th, 2007, 12:47 am
To be honest, I didn't care for the video that much. I guess I felt it could have followed the dynamics of the music a tad more. Or maybe it was the fact that claymation was ditched :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 12:01 am
My feelings were similar; I suspected the video was made purely of random "trippy" non-sense designed simply to mess with the viewers head in a prank like manner, until I watched the documentary portion of the DVD and learned it all had a particular meaning to both Adam and Alex.

I realized the project was made not for me -- as in some Hollywood production whose sole intent is to elicit a, "whoa cool!" response out of the viewer -- but for them, which I highly respect.

I'm sure if they wanted to, they could have made an audio-synced claymation video more suited to watch whilst getting stoned.

Although, never having actually been high while watching the video, I might be wrong in that it is perfectly suited for a pot-head. I mean come on, two eyeballs almost kissing each other; a flea giving birth to an enormous, dirt-skiing, eye/squid; some dehydrated, TV-screen-skinned dude standing in a desert lustfully staring at a large floating ice cube -- who is later attacked by his cyclops hand via heat vision, and eventually undergoes thermonuclear meltdown?

I am very glad they included the David Cross "Brandy and Mandy" section. Some might even say it is superior to the video and song alone. The same applies to the Jello Biafra section on the other DVD's.

Offline Profile WWW