<  DeepCore  ~  Lustmord vs. children

PostPosted: September 27th, 2006, 11:22 am
Posts: 3Location: Binghamton, NYJoined: September 26th, 2006, 9:35 am
Quote:
wow... I've heard of that a few times with other birds. Since I'm not a pet person, I've never seen it myself. Minus a stoned parocete (excuse the spelling) tjat flaped its wings whenever a certain ocelation would sound.

Well, I know sound is crucial to the nature of birds, parrots in particular. We all know their talents for mimicking sounds, but maybe certain frequencies have certain effects on them?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 29th, 2006, 6:26 pm
Posts: 14Location: eugene, orJoined: September 17th, 2006, 8:09 pm
hehe, I actually bought an orange jumpsuit (same color as the one's inmates wear) a while back, thinking I could use it for halloween. So I'm thinking of wearing that, a bright orange ski-mask, my holstered airsoft handgun (a shoulder-strap) under the half-opened jumpsuit, black gloves, a pair of gun safety glasses, and a SMG-like airsoft gun in the right hand, and I'd have 'Cellular Blur' on repeat, loud enough to easily hear the breathing at the beginning. I'd sit on a chair, half slumped, facing the door (I'd be inside the house), all lights off except one in the hallway behind where I'd be sitting, and whenever somebody knocks, I'd tell them to come on in...and probably tell them to get the candy thats in front of them (about 5 feet from the door, 2 from me)...I wonder how many little kids would actually go for the candy...guess I'll just have to find out...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 9:38 pm
so....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: November 27th, 2006, 3:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 41Location: Currently playing in the sandbox that is ArizonaJoined: May 19th, 2006, 10:54 am
Chaos Sedated wrote:
Quote:
Well, I know sound is crucial to the nature of birds, parrots in particular. We all know their talents for mimicking sounds, but maybe certain frequencies have certain effects on them?

I think that pretty much goes for most animals, especially extraneous sounds that we can't necessarily hear. That's why dog whistles work. As for birds, hmmm.... In the days of my youth, when I was eugenically taken hunting by my uncle and as I recall, whenever he used that silent whistle to call back his dogs, birds got irritated and fluttered from trees. I guess it wholly depends on how sensitive the animal's perception of sound really is.

Kindof an odd thing to think about. Since I have no birds to torture to figure this one out, it'll be one of those mysteries of life (or one of those "genius" ideas you get drinking with some friends and try it out). :wink:

PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 2:52 am
User avatarPosts: 3Location: AustinJoined: November 3rd, 2007, 4:05 am
Oddly enough my 6 year old has free access to the majority of my music, she really loves the ambient/dark noise stuff.

I caught her last week with my ipod, eyes closed listening to Purifying Fire, honestly she kinda freaks me out sometimes.

I'm so proud

Offline Profile
PostPosted: December 6th, 2007, 9:47 am
User avatarPosts: 3Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaJoined: October 29th, 2006, 11:42 pm
Great story!

PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 6:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 4Location: wouldn't you like to knowJoined: December 19th, 2007, 5:54 pm
i am a school principal, i wonder if this would work in detention .... writing things a hundred times is so cliche ....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: March 15th, 2008, 1:21 pm
Posts: 12Location: WalesJoined: November 23rd, 2005, 10:58 am
blissy wrote:
i am a school principal ....

What?!.....school principals listen to Lustmord these days!!?!?!???
:shock:

in my day, pupils got expelled for listening to anything as radical as the Captain and Tennille...... no wonder today's young people are so fucked up

:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 25th, 2008, 9:49 am
User avatarPosts: 9Location: germanyJoined: March 16th, 2006, 3:46 am
Just came home from a vernissage where my music was played. There was also a little girl (maybe 3 +- years old) with her mother. She really liked my music and begged her mother to buy one of my cds.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: November 19th, 2008, 10:34 am
My son ;who is 6 heard the first track on Rising. We were in the truck and he just gave me a puzzled look and asked"what is he saying?".I said "I dunno I think it's a cow " and we both laughed. The other day we were listening to Slayer God hates us all because i forgot to take it out before we left and he asked"why does God hate us all?".I just told him it was Slayer's job to say lost of mean things or they might get fired.mostly he seems to like Dio motorhead and willie nelson.But he allways wants to know what I'm programming on the DR-5

Offline Profile
PostPosted: November 19th, 2008, 10:41 am
Posts: 12Location: InnsmouthJoined: November 19th, 2008, 4:21 am
I got ticketed in Utah for playing Dimmu Borgir for the local cops. :)

Also, had an interesting situation in California... I was driving around, playing old Cradle of Filth, and people kept laughing at us from behind our car. We thought it was because our license plates read "from Utah." Anyway, we parked at a mall, got out, and looked at the back of our car, and somebody had stuck a bunch of dancing Winnie the Pooh stickers on the back of our windshield. So people were laughing at us because we were blasting gothic metal with dancing Winnie the Pooh characters on the back of our car.

My friend, Jay, also got busted for wearing the "Jesus is a cunt" shirt to the local mall in Utah. The cops said his freedom of speech did not extend to what was written on his shirt, and threatened to arrest him, and he was banned from the mall permanently.

I wrote an entire story about this event (20 pages long) for creative writing class, and got kicked out of the class, and had the cops called on me. Seven police reports were filed by students. Only in Utah.

James

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 29th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Posts: 12Location: Pittsburgh P-AJoined: October 29th, 2009, 8:51 am
I have "dark ambient radio" on here very often ... my 6 year old son seems to calm when it is on ...

-Charles Bukowski
Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 30th, 2009, 4:23 am
User avatarPosts: 32Location: WalesJoined: April 23rd, 2007, 4:46 am
A few years back I played Zoetrope on CD to my grandson, he must have been six or abouts.

I did not tell him what it was (and he was used to me playing my own stuff) and asked him about the first couiple of tracks - what does it sound like? the images he described were almost exactly what was on the cover and in the DVD.... :o :shock:

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 2:17 am
I have a 9 month old daughter and she just stares at the speakers and grins when I put on lustmord or any other bassey style soundscape. I think she likes the bass rumble.

She also jumps/bounces around the most to niter ebb. She has good taste. lol

Steve

High Quality Professional Sound Libraries.
http://www.hauntedhouserecords.co.uk/SoundLibraries
Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: March 13th, 2011, 11:38 pm
Posts: 7Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: February 27th, 2010, 1:31 pm
I lived in China for a while working as an English teacher and the top students at one school I worked at would come to my place of many an evening for private tutoring to prepare them for overseas study. It was a good way of earning and extra $150 an hour when otherwise I'd just be wasting time drinking beer and chatting on MSN.

The Chinese, when they're not fervent atheist Marxists, tend to believe in ancestor worship along with which comes a strong and active belief in and fear of ghosts and spirits and demons of all and sundry kinds which roam about looking for innocent souls to feed on and must be constantly warded off. Hence the burning of much incense and careful placement of mirrors in and on buildings (to scare away bad forces).

My students were all very superstitious persons and only ever listened to dodgy communist party approved Asian bubble-gum pop. I was living in a 3BR house all by myself and decided to have some fun one night. It was around Hallowe'en and I'd been doing a bunch of stuff on Hallowe'en customs and superstitions and ghosts and the dead roaming the earth in class etc.

I ripped a a track off Heresy onto a disc so that there was an hour of silence first and then the track would play and set the CD player quite loud in one of the empty bedrooms. I had a pretty good speaker set-up too with subwoofer and all.

It was getting quite late and we were still busy studying English in the lounge when suddenly this terrifying, awful. demonic sounding drone starts up in the bedroom. I feigned terror and said "F**king hell, what is that??? Jesus it must be ghosts or demons or something. Someone go and look!!".

My poor kids almost s**t themselves in fear. They were convinced my house had been invaded by evil spirits and something horrible was looming in the bedroom. Seriously, they were totally terrified and convinced some kind of ghost or evil spirit was in the house.
After 2 minutes one girl burst into tears so I decided it was getting a bit too heavy and went to the bedroom and unplugged the CD player and showed them the CD.

They were very, very unimpressed with my Western sense of humour & complained that their Chinese teachers would never dare play such scary practical jokes on them. LOL.

Offline Profile E-mail