<  Deep Prime  ~  Question about a band that used to write to you in the 80s

PostPosted: August 17th, 2008, 10:17 am
Posts: 5Location: cardiff walesJoined: August 17th, 2008, 9:56 am
I was talking to andy swan recently and he said that his old band Final used to write to you in the 80s when they first started. This was the original line up of final of justin broadrick, andy swan and nic bullen do you remember this correspondence at all? and also do you still have the tapes that they sent you? of their old throbbing gristle meets cabarat volatare style sound. obviously you and justin are now label mates but im just wondering about back then.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: August 17th, 2008, 12:13 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
at least 20 years ago ? Sorry, but I don't remember.
I'm terrible with names at the best of times.

I'd probably remember if I was reminded of the conversations and/or personalities.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 17th, 2008, 12:25 pm
Posts: 5Location: cardiff walesJoined: August 17th, 2008, 9:56 am
i think it was more of a " we are a new band from birmingham" sort of affair justin is now the singer/guitar player of jesu who you are labelmates with on hydrahead( going through napalm death, head of david and godflesh first). Although it was andy who said he used to reguarly write, send demos to and buy stuff off you.

I was actually wondering was the scene back then as closely knit as andy said it was with everyone trading off everyone else and knowing everybody else?

Offline Profile