<  DeepEcho  ~  Tool Remixes

PostPosted: December 31st, 2005, 10:45 pm
I just stumbled across the TOOL Parabola and Schism DVD's. Awesome remixes B. However, being in DVD format I've found it next to impossible to add the audio to my music library. Is there anyway, that you know of, that I could get ahold of just these two tracks?

PostPosted: December 31st, 2005, 10:47 pm
Oh and I just finished watching Zoetrope...damn awesome.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2006, 12:20 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Thanks.

riverzendz wrote:
I've found it next to impossible to add the audio to my music library. Is there anyway, that you know of, that I could get ahold of just these two tracks?

It should be easy enough as it's just data. But note that the audio on the DVD is of higher quality (and closer to the masters) than you'd get by converting the to CD quality, let alone mp3 (shudder).
You're not going to hear a lot of what's going on without a good system anyhow. There's a lot of (real) low bass ;)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 4:08 am
B wrote:

It should be easy enough as it's just data. But note that the audio on the DVD is of higher quality (and closer to the masters) than you'd get by converting the to CD quality, let alone mp3 (shudder).
You're not going to hear a lot of what's going on without a good system anyhow. There's a lot of (real) low bass ;)

I do prefer to the listen to the audio from the DVD but a portable version of these tracks would be nice. I tried accessing the file through the .vob's on the DVD but no luck. I haven't found a piece of software yet that would convert them. Ah, no big deal. You're right, the native form is much better anyhow. I'll just stick with that, thanks for the reply though.

Did you make the menu music for the DVD's too or just these remixes?

PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 12:32 pm
i actually extracted the tracks and tried to keep it as high quality as i could, it took me about four programs to do it, in the end , i used sonhy acid pro to edit the tracks . so yes it is possible and like the man said after all they are only data.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: January 11th, 2006, 5:58 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
lector wrote:
i actually extracted the tracks and tried to keep it as high quality as i could, it took me about four programs to do it

Ha ! I appreciate the effort, but apologies for creating all the work for you :)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 29th, 2006, 1:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 8Location: Sarasota, FLJoined: January 29th, 2006, 12:52 pm
[Removed the rest voluntarily... sorry]

Last edited by celldweller on January 29th, 2006, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 29th, 2006, 4:36 pm
Note that the source you mentioned (that I removed, the first time I've done so on the forums btw), is an illegal site that pays no royalties to the artists concerned. It's one of the very few things that isn't allowed here.

Quote:
Incidentally, Brian, this same site has 4 of your albums on there available for sale. Do you have any way of knowing if they have them there legally, or do you have people that handle that sort of thing for you?!

They're there illegally (see above) and none of the money collected is passed on. You're much better supporting the artists directly where you know your hard earned money goes to funding the next release.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 29th, 2006, 6:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 8Location: Sarasota, FLJoined: January 29th, 2006, 12:52 pm
B wrote:
Note that the source you mentioned (that I removed, the first time I've done so on the forums btw), is an illegal site that pays no royalties to the artists concerned. It's one of the very few things that isn't allowed here.

Quote:
Incidentally, Brian, this same site has 4 of your albums on there available for sale. Do you have any way of knowing if they have them there legally, or do you have people that handle that sort of thing for you?!

They're there illegally (see above) and none of the money collected is passed on. You're much better supporting the artists directly where you know your hard earned money goes to funding the next release.

Ahh, my sincerest apologies... no harm was meant by it. To be quite truthful, part of my reason for wanting to post that was to see if you knew if they were "legal" or not since I have not been able to pin down an answer to that yet. And in all honesty, just a couple weeks ago I spoke with someone at Solielmoon about where I could purchase a copy of The Place Where The Black Stars Hang to which I was replied that it was out of print and good luck. So that was kind of the way I found the site in the first place, when I was searching for your album. I was hoping this wasn't the case, but thanks for letting me know.

Then I have to ask... if the site is so accessible to anyone, anywhere, why haven't they been stopped? How can they get away with doing what they do? I'm just asking cause I'm curious (don't want it to sound like I'm insinuating that they must be legal if they haven't been stopped for this long).

Thanks for the reply!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 29th, 2006, 7:47 pm
celldweller wrote:
Then I have to ask... why haven't they been stopped? !

First, they are in a country where international law is weak right now, and second, it's an organized crime operation, so it's not as if they're going to take any notice anyway.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: January 30th, 2006, 4:50 pm
celldweller wrote:
a couple weeks ago I spoke with someone at Solielmoon about where I could purchase a copy of The Place Where The Black Stars Hang to which I was replied that it was out of print and good luck

See the separate thread on Black Stars.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: September 17th, 2006, 8:17 pm
Posts: 14Location: eugene, orJoined: September 17th, 2006, 8:09 pm
I'm a big fan of Tool and Lustmord, so there's no debate as what media item's are at the top of my list!

Offline Profile YIM