<  DeepCore  ~  Forum Survey

PostPosted: April 13th, 2009, 2:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 170Location: GAJoined: December 21st, 2006, 11:04 pm
I've been curious of how many people regularly (or not so regularly) visit this forum.

Aside from Lustmord's music, what compels you to visit, assuming there are other reasons?

What events lead to the first time you visited this site?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, this is one of a handful of forums I visit on a regular basis – perhaps every other day, to every couple of weeks.

One of my interests in visiting this forum is in the very similar tastes in music I share with other members; more so than with members at any other forum I visit regularly. And so I value their musical recommendations, and well as their feedback on other realms of life, however little it may be.

I first heard Lustmord on a Georgia Tech radio station while driving my car some years ago. Then after discovering he had collaborated with other artists that I regarded highly, I decided to learn more and found this website.

Last edited by walking barcode on April 13th, 2009, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 13th, 2009, 4:17 pm
walking barcode wrote:
I've been curious of how many people regularly (or not so regularly) visit this forum.

I lurk the forum (but don't login) an average of 1.5 times a week.

walking barcode wrote:
Aside from Lustmord's music, what compels you to visit, assuming there are other reasons?

"Compels" ???…
good question regardless...
Aside from 1 other forum I go to, this is the only other one I choose to go to.

Unlike another forum, it's not for the interaction. Personally I feel a bit out of my league on almost every topic discussed. I guess I'm not on the same plane (of anything) as most people are here.

So I would say:
1) The perchance that I might understand a topic, that it would catch my fancy and I might want to contribute.
2) The perchance that I might grasp and learn from what ever foreign (to me) sound/tech babble it is that you all speak here.
3) Any updates and projects B. is doing.
a) So I don't look like an ignorant friend.
b) So he doesn't have to answer the same question for the hundredth and ninety-seventh time in e-mail (as I understand he has a ton and that would just be annoying).
c) I won’t have to waste our communication on a general question (that others might like to know) when I could ask it or find it elsewhere... say his personal forum.

walking barcode wrote:
What events lead to the first time you visited this site?

Lol quite funny actually now that I reflect on it.
I knew B. as B. before I knew him as Lustmord... I think the quote was "I am a virtual unknown". But it was established that he was being modest ;)

B. pointed me to this forum when I had questions about stereo equipment…
probably so he wouldn’t have to answer the question for the hundredth and ninety-seventh time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 13th, 2009, 6:49 pm
Em wrote:
a) So I don't look like an ignorant friend.

Ah, not as bad as probably sounding like a pretentious loud mouth like myself. Thanks for your reply Em.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 13th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
sadly i probably check at least daily for new topics, simply due to being obsessive i suppose...and being quick with my web browser, it only takes a few seconds to come here - look and move on if theres nothing to read.

i enjoy the forum because of the similar interests in music, audio and related topics. i don't have any other forum or outlet where i can talk about these sorts of topics with anyone - my wife listens, but definitely doesn't care! heh

first time to the site was right after i heard lustmord for the second or third time - it was a track playing in a hearts of space mix online (how many years ago though - i'm not sure, a few though), i was in a website building lull and figured i would look up info on lustmord, and since then i've been here annoying all of you.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: April 13th, 2009, 11:48 pm
Posts: 57Location: SwedenJoined: March 14th, 2008, 1:27 pm
To get the news directly from the source pretty much and I login once or twice a day which, like shipreckage said, doesn't take long. The fact the B seem to care more about the hifi ingredient more than other musicians and has insights into the whole sound business also attracts me. Hoping to pick up interesting bits and pieces on that subject.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 3:32 pm
Interesting...4 participants and 63 views. I thought I was alone with social issues.

Well for the 4 of us, sorry I'm going to have to scrap the Lustmord softball team idea, not enough players. Damn and I already bought the uniform.

walking barcode wrote:
Ah, not as bad as probably sounding like a pretentious loud mouth like myself. Thanks for your reply Em.

Eh... everyone has their hobbies/obsessions :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 4:11 pm
Em wrote:
Interesting...4 participants and 63 views. I thought I was alone with social issues.

Well for the 4 of us, sorry I'm going to have to scrap the Lustmord softball team idea, not enough players. Damn and I already bought the uniform.

How about some ping-pong?

But yeah, haha, 4 posters... yet I find the small size of this forum and the lack of participation intriguing for some reason, but then again, I am a communications major....not that i'm any good at it or anything, lololol pfffffffttt...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 4:44 pm
walking barcode wrote:
How about some ping-pong?

But yeah, haha, 4 posters... yet I find the small size of this forum and the lack of participation intriguing for some reason, but then again, I am a communications major....not that i'm any good at it or anything, lololol pfffffffttt...

The Lustmord Ping-Pong team...Nah, doesn't have the same effect...
Or does it? ...in other connotations...
Personally I wouldn't be good playing in a tight spaces. My partner would get the paddle up side the head or elsewhere. :twisted:

Hum I don't understand what the lack of participants has with you being "not any good at it" "communications major" unless it was you "sounding like a pretentious loud mouth" again?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 9:06 pm
Em wrote:

Hum I don't understand what the lack of participants has with you being "not any good at it" "communications major" unless it was you "sounding like a pretentious loud mouth" again?

Haha, not really putting myself down or anything -- my daddy didn't make me that insecure, or did he? :D

Just don't want anyone to think that I think i'm a "know it all" or anything...

but hey, i'm just going to chalk one up for evidence supporting the limitations of virtual communication and some other stuff in the textbook yada yada...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 10:32 am
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
Because I really enjoy interacting and communicating with artists that I admire, and I find it fantastic that Brian spends so much time communicating with fans of his work. Of course, it's easier when the music is quite alternative and has a more narrow fanbase, but that's also part of the charm to me. It's great to be able to ask questions about music that you appreciate and get personal answers from the artist.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 9:34 am
Very poignant observation Adversarius.

Personally I'm not a "fan" of anyone or anything, more so than JUST an admirer of many things; life, nature, art, the ripples in the world around me, honest people. I could see how this direct form of communication with the artist could be quite uniquely ...personal; making THIS forum unique as well.

I would also imagine it could help dispel assumptions, fallacies and even curb the belief that one such as B. is NOT omnipotent (hehe) and bring into view the truth...

Although remarkably skilled, talented and even enticingly atypical, they are just normal people.

It is a reality allot of “fansâ€Â

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Being someone who is immersed in an environment/business (LA/Hollywood) well known for it's many superficial, egocentric inhabitants, I find it curious B's striking down to earth, "how it is" prospective. His interest in direct, non-patronizing, communication with his listening audience is also very surprising.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: May 7th, 2009, 10:21 pm
Posts: 11Location: los angelesJoined: May 23rd, 2008, 8:16 am
Walking barcode:

I visit the site like every several weeks or so. I'd say roughly every 6-8 weeks.

As for your last comments, I'm kind of surprised. Perhaps a cultural thing (I've been living in LA for 1 year, but actually come from Montreal, Canada), and I don't find the LA people to be as superficial and patronizing as you say. Also take note that Montreal really doesn't have star system such as the one in LA, even really huge stars can walk down the street without being assaulted by fans.

Granted, I don't hang out in Hollywood that much (I'm more of a beach dude, screw the Montreal winter!!), but I must say that I find people around me very passionate about all kinds of topics, very down to earth and aware about about the short comings of their society. In general I'd say that people are very nice and laid back, not much arrogant.

So for me, having Brian take personal interest in this forum and its frequenters is not such of a big surprise. I've never met Brian, but from what I've seen on this forum I suspect he's like most of us: a cool and reasonable guy. Don't get me wrong, it's great that Brian participates. I'm merely replying to your comment that you found it surprising.

Keep up the good Brian and who knows, if we ever cross path in LA I'll shake your hand, but that's it. ;)

Cheers
Bernard

Offline Profile
PostPosted: June 6th, 2009, 9:14 am
User avatarPosts: 23Location: EuropeJoined: February 23rd, 2009, 3:41 pm
I intend to visit frequently from now on,

Offline Profile
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 8:03 am
User avatarPosts: 2Location: DallasJoined: June 21st, 2009, 7:23 pm
Heard a Lustmord track on the Wild Planet compilation from Subconscious many years ago, paid attention ever since.