<  DeepPulse  ~  [ B E Y O N D ] Now Available

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 4:25 pm
Posts: 15Location: Virginia, USAJoined: September 2nd, 2008, 12:16 pm
Just bought it today. Great stuff once again, B. Truly inspirational what you do with your works separately. I've been writing for the last few hours listeing to the album over and over.

Didn't you say you had a remix of Godeater in the works? I'd love to hear that sometime. Is there any chance it's coming out soon?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 4:40 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
The remix of Godeater (left over from Dark Places) is half of [ B E Y O N D ].

Glad you like it - and thanks.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 6:51 am
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
Just got my copy in the mail today. I'll give it a listen during the evening and return with feedback. Really looking forward to this!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 7:56 am
User avatarPosts: 20Location: SwedenJoined: September 11th, 2006, 1:16 pm
Just got home from work and "Beyond" is in the mail! Yeah :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 8:07 am
Posts: 167Location: EnglandJoined: December 30th, 2006, 11:44 am
B wrote:
The remix of Godeater (left over from Dark Places) is half of [ B E Y O N D ].

confused..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 8:26 pm
Just got my copy in the mail today.

Really awesome stuff B! Plateau reminded me of some of the Stalker material.
Thanks a lot!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 10th, 2009, 7:33 am
Posts: 2Location: FinlandJoined: March 10th, 2009, 5:34 am
Splendid work. When I were listening to The Dark Places of the World earlier, I thought there was something missing on the sound I was looking for - it was slightly thin and drifting without destination, sometimes coming close to the listener but never pulling him/her into the marvelous soundscape. On [ B E Y O N D ], the all aspects were there again - and it captured me.

Have to say that [ B E Y O N D ] would be now on my TOP5 Lustmord solo-albums/compilations list - together with Carbon/Core, Rising, Purifying Fire and The Place Where The Black Stars Hang.

PS: The sound quality is astonishing as well. It's fantastic that there are still artists like you in the world that aren't participating to the loudness wars -scene.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: October 18th, 2009, 2:52 am
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
Oh yeah, now's probably the time for a short review.

In contrary to the sparse minimalism of The Dark Places, which I adore, [ B E Y O N D ] strikes me as having a much richer and more layered sound. This, to me, makes for a great contrast to The Dark Places. Even though it's not as minimalistic, it's still minimalistic enough to immerse yourself in and use as sleeping music. Sometimes I'm able to discern ritualistic Heresy-esque soundscapes, which is definitely a plus. I have to be frank and say that the bass line on Er Eb Es and the guitars on [ O T H E R ](save for Godeater) aren't really up my alley, I think the soundscapes in themselves are your strength, but it's really good that you experiment with your vision and try new artistic directions. And of course, as far as instrumentation in soundscapes go, you pull it off really well.

So, all in all, definitely right up into my top 5 Lustmord list. Absolutely splendid work Brian, you solidify your position as one of my all-time favorite artists, and to me, you remain the only relevant artist in the dark ambient genre, which you've been ever since you created it. That's one hell of an accomplishment.

Offline Profile