<  DeepEcho  ~  Photos

PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 1:50 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I created a Flickr account to share some photos of the kind of things myself and Trace get up too, desert trips etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lustmord/.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 5:26 pm
What is that tower thing with the ladder on it in Grotto Hills?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 8:00 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
The desert is full of secrets...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 8:47 pm
creepy

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 7:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 63Location: Planet EarthJoined: October 14th, 2007, 5:28 pm
Do you usually end up using photos you've taken yourself for your album covers? The photos on the covers of 'The Dark Places' and 'Beyond' were pretty intense.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 8:35 am
DimLight02 wrote:
Do you usually end up using photos you've taken yourself for your album covers?

Those two were the first where we've used photos from our travels.

Trace has also recently used photos she took for the new Monte Cazazza album cover.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 12:27 pm
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
B, let me sound a bit ignorant for a minute and ask you - what is the weather like there in the desert? what does the air feel like?

I've traveled to quite a few places...but I've never been to a desert, ever. I would LOVE to go, I've just never found the right opprotunity.

I'm fascinated by the visuals...

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 1:05 pm
shipwreckage wrote:
B, let me sound a bit ignorant for a minute and ask you - what is the weather like there in the desert? what does the air feel like?.

That very much depends on which desert you're in, which part and what time of year.
All deserts aren't really dry, and the high desert (for example) has a very different environment than Death Valley (one of the hottest/driest).

Generally they're very dry, with most critters hard to spot unless you know what you're looking for, can be brutally hot the summer (100-125F / 38-52C and higher) but much cooler in winter (80F / 27C) with really cold nights.
The desserts of the South West (southern California, Nevada & Arizona) can be particularly harsh and you have to be aware of just how dangerous it can be.
We always go on off-road trails, many miles from the nearest paved roads and if you get stuck you can be in serious trouble very quickly.
We have 4X4 drive, with off-road additions to our truck and always cary plenty of water,emergency food for a few days, shelter etc just in case.
We like to get away from it all and not only are most people not equipped to drive the routes we take, but the trails often lead to some very worthwhile places, which can be enjoyed alone, such as quite a few of the places in the photos.

You should go to a real desert sometime, there's nowhere like it. People either "get it" or don't.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 1:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 4Joined: August 9th, 2010, 12:48 pm
Do you go into the desert for some target practice? I remember you saying you had quite the collection of firearms