<  DeepEcho  ~  The Mark of Lustmord

PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 2:44 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I recived these pictures from Taylor, who seems to like what I do.
One is his tattoo inspired by my album [ O T H E R ] and the other is his tattoo of text I wrote for my Purifying Fire album.

This is the first time I'm aware of something like this with my own work and while slightly bemused I am suitably flattered.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 3:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 76Location: SwedenJoined: October 31st, 2008, 10:57 am
Why the bemusement? Someone permanently tattooing an aspect of an artist's work onto their body should be a landmark said artist :D

The OTHER tattoo looks great, although it would've been better off on the outer side of his upper arm. The Purifying Fire one doesn't look that stunning, but it also doesn't seem to be fully healed yet. What does it say? DOMIAI?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 3:31 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Adversarius wrote:
Why the bemusement?

I'm just not used to such things.

It's definitely a compliment and I'm never been too good with compliments.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 10:37 am
Adversarius wrote:
Why the bemusement? Someone permanently tattooing an aspect of an artist's work onto their body should be a landmark said artist :D

The OTHER tattoo looks great, although it would've been better off on the outer side of his upper arm. The Purifying Fire one doesn't look that stunning, but it also doesn't seem to be fully healed yet. What does it say? DOMIAI?

I kinda like the OTHER tattoo on the inner arm. Agree about the left, however the dude's deffinately getting his point accross. He really likes Lustmord. With Skinny Puppy and Einsturzende Neubauten having legions of fans walking around with their symbols on their skin it's about time B got his due.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 6th, 2009, 9:39 am
User avatarPosts: 23Location: EuropeJoined: February 23rd, 2009, 3:41 pm
Thats great, i considered a number of tattoos a few years ago, however i had a cancer scare aged 23 and it left me absolutly satisfied with my body in its natural state. Could it be possible lustmord fans are quite comfortable with themselves so dont often choose to ink statements on there bodys?

I have met lustmord fans of all ages and all walks of life, both tattooed and untattooed. Im sure taylor has opened a new door for lustmord fans that wont close easily. If anybody has any lustmord tattoo design ideas i would really love to see them. I considered a Сталкер tattoo previously, which i suppose could be considered an homage to tarkovsky and lustmord/rich album of the same name.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: June 8th, 2009, 9:12 pm
Tren wrote:
Thats great, i considered a number of tattoos a few years ago, however i had a cancer scare aged 23 and it left me absolutly satisfied with my body in its natural state.

FYI Tren, you can tattoo over scars. The nerves might be closer to the surface than the area around it so it may be more sensitive to do but it is possible, if you've got the sand to go through with it. If you have a keloid scar it would better in that it would be less painful because of the built up tissue.

Tren wrote:
If anybody has any lustmord tattoo design ideas i would really love to see them.

I did, do and will continue doing flash but "Lustmord tattoo designs" are as enigmatic as his music (aside from the obvious hexagram). The subtly of symbolism, music, cover art and open interpretation of those from one person to another doesn't leave any room for conformity.

AH HA! A challenge: You put your thumb down on "What is Lustmord" and I'll draw it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: June 30th, 2009, 6:56 pm
Posts: 2Location: Abilene/Dallas - TexasJoined: June 26th, 2009, 2:58 pm
I love the O T H E R Tat.
I mite get that, the Album was a bomb.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 12:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 4Joined: August 9th, 2010, 12:48 pm
Heh funny about that is I get asked what is the "other" tattoo about then when I rec them Mr.Williams work hey get weirded out some people just don't understand what great music is.

Anyway I still love those tattoo tremendously and I don't regret getting them, More than happy to be a walking art board for the music