<  DeepPulse  ~  The Place Where The Black Stars Hang

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2005, 10:39 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
For those of you that have asked, and there have been many, I finally had time to re-master The Place Where the Black Stars Hang earlier this month and new artwork should be done in a week or two. It'll be rereleased by Soleilmoon sometime early next year.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2005, 2:03 am
User avatarPosts: 15Location: Kiel/GermanyJoined: November 22nd, 2005, 4:27 am
Why do the remastert works become new cover artworks ?
I love the original artworks best !!
S

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2005, 8:38 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
Selector wrote:
Why do the remastert works become new cover artworks ?

Because I like the idea of a complete overhaul., and looking back, you always think something could have been better.
Just keep your original if that's what you like.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2005, 1:22 pm
Posts: 1Location: FranceJoined: November 23rd, 2005, 1:16 pm
Hi there :)

That's great news, "Black star" is one of my favourite work among your extended discography !

I've reviewed most of it here (in french though) Lustmord 's page on G.O.D.

Changing the artwork is quite a good idea when one wants to get through their past work with the present state of mind.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2005, 11:08 pm
Posts: 54Location: WyomingJoined: November 23rd, 2005, 11:02 pm
B wrote:
For those of you that have asked, and there have been many, I finally had time to re-master The Place Where the Black Stars Hang earlier this month and new artwork should be done in a week or two. It'll be rereleased by Soleilmoon sometime early next year.

I'm a fairly new fan, so I'm slowly getting what I can, it seems like a lot of bands are doing reissues right now, which is good for people like me who dont have the first pressings.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 2:37 am
User avatarPosts: 15Location: Kiel/GermanyJoined: November 22nd, 2005, 4:27 am
Oh yes, i will keep all me orginals becourse im a lucky one
and got them all.
But i think i will buy the new one anyhow.
And if my wife askes me, weather its neccesary to acquire anymore
of this courios musik, i can tell her:
Look darling its a absulut new one, look the different cover :wink:
greetigs
S.

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: November 24th, 2005, 10:14 am
archetyp wrote:
Changing the artwork is quite a good idea when one wants to get through their past work with the present state of mind.

I was never entirely happy with the original artwork, it was too rushed and unfortunetly it shows. Kevin, who did it for me, has always said he wish he had done a better job.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 25th, 2005, 6:02 pm
Posts: 5Location: californiaJoined: November 25th, 2005, 6:00 pm
this is good news. im excited about getting a copy.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2005, 10:02 am
I was real interested in this one after I heard a part of the album, but I could never find a used copy at a reasonable price. I certainly be picking one up. What's the new cover art going to look like?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 26th, 2005, 10:30 am
forensicentomology wrote:
What's the new cover art going to look like?

A reworking of elements from the original release.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 26th, 2005, 12:49 pm
I dig the new look and sound of Heresy, looking forward to Black Stars. You still doing in 16/44.1? There are so many new formats now and I'm sure your studio is 24/96.

This going to be single track or will there be indexing?

K

Offline Profile
PostPosted: November 26th, 2005, 12:56 pm
Namuh wrote:
I dig the new look and sound of Heresy, looking forward to Black Stars.

The improvement in Black Stars isn't as pronounced, but it does sound more dynamic now.

Quote:
You still doing in 16/44.1? There are so many new formats now and I'm sure your studio is 24/96.

I re-mastered it in 24/48 to benefit from some of the processors I used on it, and transfered the final version to 16/44.1. The original recording was in 16/48 so there isn't any benefit from going any higher.

My setup allows for 32/192, but I usually work in 24/48 as most things I work on don't really benefit from higher rates.

Quote:
This going to be single track or will there be indexing?

It's indexed into separate sections as per the original European version.

Welcome back btw.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: November 29th, 2005, 7:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 10Location: bostonJoined: November 29th, 2005, 7:11 pm
hey b,

will this be available in the itunes music store a la "heresy"?

also, does this version have the audio broken out into individual tracks? i have the single track version (i do like it that way, by the way).

james
PS i have not logged in in a while and had to recreate my account to post this. hmm.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: November 29th, 2005, 7:51 pm
subatomicsatan wrote:
hey b,

will this be available in the itunes music store a la "heresy"?

also, does this version have the audio broken out into individual tracks? i have the single track version (i do like it that way, by the way).

james
PS i have not logged in in a while and had to recreate my account to post this. hmm.

It'll be put into the cue for iTunes but it takes a long while for things to make it through the system.
- and when they do they get priced incorrectly and nobody bothers to fix it (hmm).

See above about the separate track issue, but note that it will still play continuously.
Also see the separate post abut the while forum "lost accounts/posts" fiasco and the need to reregister.
It;ll take a while to get back to speed, but at least a few of you are reemerging slowly. Thanks for that.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2005, 11:16 am
Posts: 47Location: CanadaJoined: December 3rd, 2005, 11:04 am
This is good news. For almost a year now i've been itching to buy this album, but i knew a remaster was on the way, so i've waited. As soon as it's released, it's MINE MIINNNEE...

Offline Profile WWW