<  DeepPulse  ~  Lustmord live performances

PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 10:47 am
Posts: 5Location: Toronto, OntarioJoined: December 27th, 2005, 12:35 am
Do you have any aspirations towards future live performances a this time Brian, or do you plan on focusing primarily on studio work?

Just curious.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 11:15 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
This year marks the 25th anniversary of my working under the name Lustmord, and it's also 25 years since I performed live under that name, so I have been thinking that I should do something again and have talked about possibilities.
My main concern is that I'm not sure it would be terribly interesting, and that the way I work has become such a studio-intensive process. I'd have to invest in some basic equipment before I could do something though.

We did talk about doing something live with Melvins last year, but that didn't work out as they had to cancel some shows. I get asked to perform quite often, so perhaps one of these days I will..

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: February 21st, 2006, 8:15 pm
Posts: 54Location: WyomingJoined: November 23rd, 2005, 11:02 pm
B wrote:
This year marks the 25th anniversary of my working under the name Lustmord, and it's also 25 years since I performed live under that name, so I have been thinking that I should do something again and have talked about possibilities.
My main concern is that I'm not sure it would be terribly interesting, and that the way I work has become such a studio-intensive process. I'd have to invest in some basic equipment before I could do something though.

We did talk about doing something live with Melvins last year, but that didn't work out as they had to cancel some shows. I get asked to perform quite often, so perhaps one of these days I will..

nurse with wound is playing SF in june, if its anywhere in that area and near that time, I will most certainly come.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2006, 4:48 pm
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I'm doing a performance as part of commissioned work next Tuesday. If it goes well (and it looks like it will), I'm sure I'll be doing Lustmord shows proper again sooner rather than latter.

I'd have announced it properly and earlier, but the event was sold out immediately.

Doing the first thing in 25 years on Tuesday was just too amusing to resist.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2006, 8:41 pm
B wrote:
I'm doing a performance as part of commissioned work next Tuesday. If it goes well (and it looks like it will), I'm sure I'll be doing Lustmord shows proper again sooner rather than latter.

I'd have announced it properly and earlier, but the event was sold out immediately.

Doing the first thing in 25 years on Tuesday was just too amusing to resist.

UGH I missed out, but NWW is leaving me broke for awhile anyways.

Let us know how it goes B. Lustmord is on my top list of bands to see easily (some of them can't play live :/)

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: June 4th, 2006, 5:12 am
stasis wrote:
Let us know how it goes

Will do. It's not a Lustmord show proper, as I'll be providing the music for a theatre performance, but I'm using it as a feasibility study to see how practical it is to perform and improvise Lustmord material live.

Just from putting the basics together I know that it's going to work enough that I'm interested in talking with promotes.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 7:15 am
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
I think a Lustmord show would be great to attend. My wife tends to be a little scared of the Lustmord sound tho - I'd have to find someone else to go with!

If you do get out on the road, try not to forget us in Texas...I know we're thought of as country folk, but hey...some of us listen to this stuff and would love a chance to experience it live!

Ryan

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 11:44 am
User avatarPosts: 41Location: Currently playing in the sandbox that is ArizonaJoined: May 19th, 2006, 10:54 am
While we're on the subject of travel, come to Germany! Your lonely Lustmord fans find himself completely surrounded by people who deprive themselves of not listening to your music! Ignorance, I belive. For it seems that every time I mention the new TOOL album, they're amazed to realize that they've actually heard sounds you've produced, not to mention other projects with The Melvins. Now I'm stuck here with great beer, awesome music, and no way in hell to catch you live on the sixth.

A bad moment of reflection for me.... :cry:

PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 5:26 pm
In Spades wrote:
Now I'm stuck here with great beer, awesome music, and no way in hell to catch you live on the sixth.

I'll come over if there's a promoter with an interesting proposal :)
- the great beer bit got my interest too (definitely good beer to be had over there).

Don't worry about the sixth, as I mentioned, it's long sold out and I plan to perform Lustmord shows proper anyway.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 9:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 41Location: Currently playing in the sandbox that is ArizonaJoined: May 19th, 2006, 10:54 am
B wrote:
My main concern is that I'm not sure it would be terribly interesting, and that the way I work has become such a studio-intensive process.

Many artists, such as TOOL implement visuals to copliment their shows. I believe if you perhaps set the atmosphere, or gave the audience some eye candy if you're not terribly interesting to watch live, you'd have them hooked.
I'm probably not the first or last person to suggest that one to you. Well, whatever you end up doing, you have my ticket!

B wrote:
- the great beer bit got my interest too (definitely good beer to be had over there).

I have a few bottle of kellerbier reserved for a special occasion. Come on down, and we'll crack 'em open!

PostPosted: June 6th, 2006, 5:23 am
In Spades wrote:
Many artists, such as TOOL implement visuals to copliment their shows.

We used to use visuals a lot in SPK shows in the early eighties. I've had ideas for live images to use for Lustmord for many years, just haven't figured out how to make them happen on a manageable budget :)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: June 6th, 2006, 8:52 pm
B wrote:
In Spades wrote:
Many artists, such as TOOL implement visuals to copliment their shows.

We used to use visuals a lot in SPK shows in the early eighties. I've had ideas for live images to use for Lustmord for many years, just haven't figured out how to make them happen on a manageable budget :)

money can always be an issue, still I'd see Lustmord live even if it was in a concrete room with equipment on a table :P

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: June 6th, 2006, 9:46 pm
stasis wrote:
money can always be an issue, still I'd see Lustmord live even if it was in a concrete room with equipment on a table :P

Damn straight!

Hell, it doesn't have to even be a concrete room, the back of a dumpster will suffice for my needs.

I never really thought of money being an issue. I guess that is a good point. Come to think of it, the visuals would have to be somethng pretty intense, hence costing a pretty penny.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2006, 5:54 pm
shipwreckage wrote:

If you do get out on the road, try not to forget us in Texas...I know we're thought of as country folk, but hey...some of us listen to this stuff and would love a chance to experience it live!

Ryan

I'll second this sentiment. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2006, 8:55 am
kvnvk wrote:
shipwreckage wrote:

Ryan

I'll second this sentiment. :D

I'm not reccomending coming where I live, but Denver would be nice :P

Offline Profile YIM