<  DeepCore  ~  Lustmord vs. children

PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 9:15 am
User avatarPosts: 41Location: Currently playing in the sandbox that is ArizonaJoined: May 19th, 2006, 10:54 am
Yesterday, my sister flew in with her kids from America. Anyways, sometime during the day, she asked me to watch the kids while she went on some museum tour. Grudgingly, I accepted. Now, I'm not really very....how should I say.... Good with kids, especially kids younger than 6. So I did what most parents do: put on a movie and left the room. After an hour of not a peep out of them, I just hear a bunch of screams, and their tiny footsteps running towards the bedroom.

-Kids: *teary eyed* Uncle!! There're monsters in the living room!!
-Me: Huh? Aren't you a little too old to still be believing in monsters?
-Kids: Come downstairs!! Make it go away!
-Me: Uh...Ok

After almost damn near having a heart attack, I go downstairs and find there was indeed no monster. Apparently, what happened was the DVD finished, and while trying to put in a new one, they accidentally changed the cd (5 disc player) to Metavoid.

-Me: *Laughing* there's no monster, it's just music. It's perfectly harmless, watch.

Trying to prove a point, I again pressed play, this time, turning up the volume a bit. The youngest one, screams, tries to dart away and..BAM!! Misses the door and runs face first into the wall.

I was laughing hysterically untill my sister showed up minutes later, pissed at the gigantic knot on her 4 year-old and her other kid in the closet crying because "Uncle scared her with the TV monster".

Lustmod:1
Snot-nossed brats:0

Anyone else have stories like this? I'd love to read them.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 9:40 am
User avatarAdminPosts: 612Location: Los AngelesJoined: November 19th, 2005, 10:22 am
I'm much better with children in person...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 10:01 am
User avatarPosts: 41Location: Currently playing in the sandbox that is ArizonaJoined: May 19th, 2006, 10:54 am
Haha, you should probably put a warning label on each new album:

"May cause irreversible trauma/head injuries to small children"

PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 10:32 am
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
I don't have too many run ins with children right now (thank God for that one!) but whenever I want to send my wife into the other room so I can work alone, I put on a lustmord cd or something similar (she REALLY hates nurse with wound or something like karlheinz stockhausen)...

well now that I think of it, she actually commented once that the black stars cd was relaxing when I had it on - soooo not all lustmord stuff is going to work if you want to accomplish this task.

I tried it once with some tracks from either scanner or merzbow, but all it got me was a punch in the arm SO I think if you put on something really "annoying" you might not get the end result you're looking for.

ryan.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: August 24th, 2006, 11:35 pm
I've also learned, if you put on "Pink Bat" (towards the beggining) or "Safety Third" (especially toward the end) and you put it on really loud, it drives dogs NUTS. Especially your neighbor's dogs. And when you live in close proximity surburbian areas...very common in Europe... Lets just say getting drunk and listening to the dogs howl with a few likeminded friends at 3am wasn't the most prudent decision I've ever made.

But it sure was fun! :)

PostPosted: August 25th, 2006, 4:03 am
User avatarPosts: 15Location: Kiel/GermanyJoined: November 22nd, 2005, 4:27 am
Yes i have a little story here.
I have left Metavoid too, but in the Cd-Player of my car.
Becourse i love to here it while driving home after sports.
Next day my wife has fetched my son and the neighbours one from school.
When I' ve come home my son says: Hey cool dad there is the sound of Dungon keeper ( his favorite PC-game) in the car, but we cant find out how to play !
The neighbous son say's there is banging a door all the time.
But all doors are closed.
And what does may wife said ?
Could you please take out your noise-cd ?
I nearly drove to the garage !
:lol:

Offline Profile E-mail
PostPosted: August 25th, 2006, 4:20 am
hahaha, great story!

PostPosted: August 25th, 2006, 5:04 am
User avatarPosts: 9Location: Western AustraliaJoined: November 19th, 2005, 6:03 pm
Thankfully my boy (who is 8) is quite fond of the sounds of Lustmord, and thankfully Neubauten. Then again, he also likes Tenacious D, so who knows what is happening there :P

That said, my musics tend to disturb the other children in the street, when I have it up loud and they come to the front door to ask for the boy to come out to play. Mind you, some of them are from a set of American ultra-christian-yet-ever-so-cheerful parents. *shudders*

"That is not dead which eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."
Offline Profile E-mail WWW
PostPosted: August 25th, 2006, 8:19 am
wow, a child fond of Lustmord, great training:wink:! Haha, comming from someone with yet the maturity level or the patience to have, god forbid raise my own child. Hopefully, if the situation ever arrises they'll have the same tastes as I do.... then again, I wouldn't like to pass on my fondness for explosives or alchohol induced run-ins with cops. Part of it is probably the fear of screwing up too badly.

I can understand with the run-ins between religious folks. Being born in Alabama (for those of you who don't know, part of the "Bible Belt" of fabulous :sic: southern America), many of times I've gotten dirty looks from driving to *church* playing old Meshuggah (or equivalent) albums.

*Note* Church is moreso a social event in the south. It is actually very a convienient place when visiting extended family. It saves gas when you can just drive to a building and meet all your relatives in the same place without the guilt of missing anyone you intended to visit.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2006, 5:34 pm
there was a run in last night between some members of a band I perform with and an obviously devout x-tian venue owner... part of the set involves a sort of ritualized performance by two of the band members, complete with black robes, masks/headgear, candles, animal skulls and stage blood... so during this part of the set the venue owner is up at the edge of the stage and once the fake blood comes into play yells for the sound guy to cut the sound and for the next band to take the stage. it upset the guy so much he actually dragged a couple of old, overweight rent-a-cops working the parking lot to check everything out, making wild accusations about "goats heads" being used as if there had been an animal sacrifice taking place. nothing came of it other than some yelling back and forth and empty threats from the owner (stuff about having everyone arrested and calling his "christian boxer" friend who would kick all our asses...). anyway, as I understand it, the manager of the venue was told about what would be happening and said it was fine, but obviously the owner had no clue what was going on... and apparently alot of people walked out during the set, and others left after the band was kicked off the stage. I actually had no part whatsoever in this as the place was short on direct boxes for the p.a., so I ended up having to sit out after trying to make it work for two songs. saw video of the set afterwards and I can definitely see how some conservative x-tian people would be frightened and upset by what was happening. hopefully the guys will get that part of the video posted online soon. I'll post a link if it ever happens... :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: September 26th, 2006, 7:15 am
A few years ago my wife used "the Monstrous Soul" and a Russian gas mask to frighten trick or treaters on Holloween. I think the parents were as disturbed as the kids. Good times.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: September 26th, 2006, 10:50 am
Posts: 3Location: Binghamton, NYJoined: September 26th, 2006, 9:35 am
Not exactly children... but my parrot seems to enjoy bass. I could play tracks like Deeps Calls To Deep, or other artists like Sunn O))) or The Orb and he would start to playfully display.

Last edited by Chaos Sedated on September 26th, 2006, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: September 26th, 2006, 10:50 am
Posts: 219Location: TexasJoined: April 30th, 2006, 9:26 am
haha nice! I've used lustmord material in the past for halloween background ambience for the kiddies walking up to the door...always worked better than those cheesey halloween sound effect tapes.

This year I am thinking of using a piece I recorded myself though...kind of halloween inspired, SO I might retire the use of lustmord...at least for this year!

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: September 27th, 2006, 4:33 am
Quote:
Not exactly children... but my parrot seems to enjoy bass. I could play tracks like Deeps Calls To Deep, or other artists like Sunn O))) or The Orb and he would start to playfully display.

I've seen that before. A friends parrot would start bobbing its head whenever he hit low notes on a piano. I wonder if all parrots do that for some reason.

Quote:
This year I am thinking of using a piece I recorded myself though...kind of halloween inspired, SO I might retire the use of lustmord...at least for this year!

Sounds like fun. It'll be a good test of how evil your tracks actually are. If the kids cry your good, if they bolt into oncoming traffic you've reached mastery.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: September 27th, 2006, 11:15 am
forensicentomology wrote:
A few years ago my wife used "the Monstrous Soul" and a Russian gas mask to frighten trick or treaters on Holloween. I think the parents were as disturbed as the kids. Good times.

Hahaha, that's fricken awesome! I wish I was in america comming haloween time, it's always good fun to mess with kids head.

Chaos Sedated wrote:

wow... I've heard of that a few times with other birds. Since I'm not a pet person, I've never seen it myself. Minus a stoned parocete (excuse the spelling) tjat flaped its wings whenever a certain ocelation would sound.